• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Could it be less

harvey lee

Could a quarterback have less than 5 completed passes for the day? Jackson has to throw the ball a little better. This has to be some kind of record.

Ironically Daunte Cullpepper had 5 completions a couple weeks ago but at least he had an excuse/reason with the bad weather conditions.

Normally I don't give up on a QB or Coach this easily but......

Well, barring a run from the Rams or Phins or Falcons- the Vikings should get a 3 or 4 pick, and BETTER take a top notch QB in the draft next year. I am gonna be real honest here, I haven't paid ant attention to college this year- whos the best QB in the NCAA?

That kid from Hawaii holds almost every NCAA record I think... don't know much about him though.

Boston College has a really good QB also. I think his name is Matt Ryan? Something like that. Vikes sure could use one.

should have got matt schaub for our 3rd rounder this year.

or....

signed drew brees last year when he was a FA

You could put Tom Brady on the Vikings and it wouldnt help, he needs some recievers to catch the ball. If they end up with a a top 5 pick again this year, I think they go reciever, then get a veteran quarter back. If they pick up another rookie qb, thats a couple more years for him to learn.

T-jack sure did look horrible, but I am not going to give up on him yet. It was only his 6th start, half of the missed passes were right on the money, but dropped by the recievers. And when you need 10 yards, and all 3 recievers are down field 30+ yds, thats stupid play calling! Even some of the great quarterbacks out there, didnt start their careers looking good. I say they have to give him the chance for the rest of this season, then get a quality veteran next year, then keep t-jack as a backup for a couple years to learn.

Wade and Rice CAN catch the ball- Stonehands Williamson can't. Has anyone figured out why he was even brought back this season- and an even better question- why are they still throwing the ball to him?

Donavan Mcnabb will be a free agent at the end of this year and I believe the Vikes have quite a bit of cap room.

There are a couple of college qb prospects. Brian Brohm from Louisville is a decent player and most likely the first QB taken in the draft. Brennan from Hawaii might be a decent player and passes for 3+ touchdowns a game, but could also be a bust. He'll be the first round "gamble" pick in the 2008 draft.

I think the Vikes should try to pick someone up in free agency. Although there might not be a lot out there next year.

McNabb is still under contract after the year, so he would have to get released for the Vikings to go after him. Of the names out there I'm seeing only 2 are out there that would be somewhat attractive. Those are Josh McCown (Oak) and the other is Rex Grossman (Chi). The Raiders have 4 QB's right now and with Russell slated to be the starter next year McCown could be out, though I believe Culpepper only signed a 1 year deal, but I highly doubt that would be an option, and I'm pretty positive Grossman isn't the answer as well. The rest of the group are low-end backups at best.

If they look to go a new direction and go high in the draft they'll be looking at either Woodson(UK) or Brohm (UL) in the first round at their draft position. The other QB's won't rank as high as the Vikings will be picking.

Andre Woodson would be a nice pick, but I think the time is now... The best option for the vikes would be a proven QB, as much as I think McNabb is on the way down, we would be smart to take a flyer on him. There is no way Culpepper would come back here (other than the week he comes to the dome to enact revenge on us with the Raiders)

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, having lived in Kansas City for a number of years, and being a KU fan, has anyone seen Todd Reesing, KUs QB?? Guy has a great strong, accurate arm, and hes only a sophomore. He's gonna be a Heisman contender next year

The kid from Hawaii is exciting and throws a lot of TDs but he can be pretty careless also as he throws quite a few INTs.

As for the Vikes, yes I wish they would throw the ball to Sidney Rice more often, I think he could become quite a reciever.

Todd Reesing and KU put together TEN CONSECUTIVE drives today with a TD. TEN- thats INSANE. Reesing passed for 6 tds, and 355 yards vs Nebraska.

Brooks Bollinger is actually a good QB. He has allot more going for him than "Action Jackson". He had a good career at Wisconsin and, from what he has shown in his opportunities with the Vikings, he has lots of potential. He should be seen as the future of the QB position, not Jackson.

What do people see in Jackson? He had ok college stats, but came from a tiny program. He runs a 4.8 forty(thats slow). Why exactly are we anointing him the starter? Bollinger had better stats in a major college program, has better fundamentals, and has performed better as a pro. What is going on here? Why is Bollinger not given an opportunity? I hate to say it, but just because Jackson fits a certain mold doesnt mean he should get a free 2 year pass to "develope".

With Bollinger having another good outing, and a win, I do believe he should get the #1 starting position, and do believe he will be for next weeks game against the cheeseheads!