Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Duckslayer18

thief lake

Duckslayer18

What do the duck numbers look like on the lake?

bassman222

Just got back from 3 days of hunting the lake:

Friday lots of birds moving, two of us got 3 Reds, 3 Bills, a gad and a ringer. Hunted for only a couple hours before shooting time ended.

Sat: Not very many birds moving, prolly spend 7 hours on the lake, trying several different spots, only got one buffie.

Sunday: Hunted for just a couple hours in the morning. Prolly only saw 30 birds total.

There were a ton of people just about every day, a lot of skyblasting observed.

DNR counts said 16,500 ducks and 4000 geese on the lake- must be sticking to the sanctuary.

norwall

we just got back from their as well. We hunted last sun thru wed, managed a few cans,reds,bbills,ringo.I know what ya mean by the dnr bird ct,I didnt observe anywhere close to that# weather was nice not many birds either.Talked to the guy doing birds creel cks and I guess alot of birds down on Agassizz,what side did ya hunt ?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick G
    • monstermoose78
      Yes lots of truck traffic
    • monstermoose78
      15-23 inches in most areas  Don’t drive through the narrows on blue headed towards little blue you will sink your truck.
    • Brandon Klatt
      So I don't usually fish for pike often with tip ups and I'm just wondering if dead suckers work well? All of mine died literally after 1 day and it seems a shame just to toss them away, especially when they cost $6.50/dozen
    • Rick
      Try cross-country skiing, fat biking and more
      Winter may have gotten off to an especially cold start in 2018, but there are plenty of ways to enjoy what’s left of it. For an introduction to snow sports, stop by the annual Winter Trails Day extravaganza at Fort Snelling State Park on Saturday, Jan. 20, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Adults and kids can try cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, fat biking, ice fishing, quinzee (snow shelter) building and archery. Other activities will include ice harvesting, storytelling and an ice globe demonstration. Guided nature hikes will also take place every half hour, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Between activities, visitors can enjoy hot cocoa around a crackling bonfire. Activities will be set up near the beach area. “Winter Trails Day is about helping people warm up to winter,” said Kelli Bruns, park manager at Fort Snelling State Park. “The cold weather months are more fun when you find an activity you can enjoy alone or with others.” This year, for the first time, sign-language interpreters will be on hand to help make the day’s activities more accessible to those with hearing disabilities. Stop by the registration tent for more information. Winter Trails Day is made possible through the collaborative efforts of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the National Park Service, retail co-op REI, the U.S. Forest Service and Mississippi Park Connection. Use of skis, snowshoes, fat bikes and other equipment will be free, but a vehicle permit is required to enter Minnesota state parks and recreation areas ($7 for a one-day permit or $35 for a year-round permit). Save time, get vehicle permit in advance
      Although permits are available at the park, people attending Winter Trails Day can avoid waiting in line by getting their permit in advance. Visit www.mndnr.gov/reservations, log in (or create an account), click on “entry permit,” select a duration of “one-day” ($7) or “year-round” ($35), and continue as directed. You’ll receive an email with a permit that can be printed and displayed in your vehicle during your visit. For more information, call the park at 612-725-2724 or visit the Fort Snelling State Park Web page at www.mndnr.gov. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Parmer
      Call the bait shop in Perham... They will be more than helpful... One of the best lakes I have ice fished besides LOW
    • Mike89
      good luck and welcome!!!
    • Jesse D
      I live in Fridley Minnesota. I'm looking for a decent Lake to take my five-year-old fishing on tomorrow. Any recommendations would be great. Thank you
    • mrpike1973
      Hawg did K Drill change the K Drill Pitch?
    • Rather_B_Fishing
      Are folks driving trucks out on Blue and/or Green yet? How thick is the ice now? Thanks.
  • Share & Have Fun