Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mudcutter

Game 7 ALCS

23 posts in this topic

It's Oct. Game 7 for a chance at the WS. Doesn't get any better than this- other than maybe game 7 of the WS which doesn't go that far anymore.

Who can perform in the clutch???

Boston 8

Clev 5

Bullpen blows it for the tribe.

I just hope its a LITTLE closer than last nights game 6- what a joke. Honestly though, don't think it matters- the Rockies will win the WS in 5- and easily, too

I truely thought that the Indians could handle Boston. I now fear that Cleveland is in BIG trouble. I guess we will know more after today.

I picked Cleveland to beat the Rockies in the WS, wont work if they fall apart now. frown.gif

When I saw the pitching for Game 5 and on, I figured it would turn around and be Boston's series to lose (easy to say now, I know, just trust me on it). I think Boston pulls it out tonight and beats Colorado in 6. I think the layoff cools Colorado down a little.

i have a feeling that boston is going to run with it. They have alot of momentum right now, being that its in boston.

4 innings left. We will see what happens towards the end.

My Pick... Boston

Is it just me or does Casey Blake's playoff beard give him that Will Primos look?

Sox get out of a jam in the 7th with a Blake double play.

ya what was lofton doing. that was not good base running.

HUGE HOMERUN>>>>>>HA HA HA

Let Paps finish this thing. I should hate the Sox for their huge payroll but I guess I don't want to see another AL Central team win a pennant and not be named "Minnesota Twins"

That and Dice and Paps helped me take the cake in Fantasy BB this year.

Did Boston kidnap Travis Hafner and put Nick Punto in the Cleveland lineup?

im not sure whats going on with haf, but man he had a horrible series

Cleveland: One of the biggest collapses in MLB history. Horrible.

Quote:

ya what was lofton doing. that was not good base running.

That was the coaches fault.

The Rockies are our only hope against evil empire north. Getem' boyz.

I pull for Boston. Why-- I hate the NL. they give the AL a much better chance at winning the WS. Who do you think rockies fans were pulling for??? Let's seee,,, we can face either CC- (my fat) SAbathia and Fausto (deer in headlights) Carmona or-------- JOSH BECKETT and CURT SCHILLING. Beck is the best big game pitcher this decade and Schilling is not who you want to face when you need a big win.

BOS in 6,, maybe 5--- they are HOT!!!!!

Not really a major collapse.They ran into a TEAM.They faced Beckett at home and got beat by the best. SChilling and SUZAKA' at Fenway. NO selfish hitters on the Red Sox other thabn maybe Manny. Hafner and Sizemore--- hello???? Casey Blake--- all you have to do is hit a fly ball and Lofton scores. Anyone who thought it was over after 4,, is nuts ( the line in Vegas after BEck won game 5, favored BOston 12-10.) ((and Beck was 16-10 fav over SAb anyways...)) --- Boston has pitching and hitting----- and so does CLEV--- but who executes in the CLUTCH????? Too much exp-- too much Fenway Park, and too much top notch pitching.

Nice Pick Up Pier,

I was going to chime in with the same. You have to lay that one on the ole Pale Hoser, Joel Skinner, 3rd base coach for the Tribe, he initially was waving him around but he put the stop sign up before Kenny got to the base. It is a split second decision and I think he may, I say may, have made the right choice. That ball riccocheted into very short left field and with the short porch, Manny was just past the skinned infield when he picked up the ball. I think it would have been a very close play at the plate although everybody is saying the opposite. That is the number one job of the third base coach and it has to be split second. If you think long you think wrong.

Windy

Didn't the Rockies take 2 of 3 in Fenway during interleague play and did they not beat Beckett and Shilling, some buddy may want to check that. I think the only game the Sox won was when Wakefield pitched. Should be a good one...

I say Rockies in 5. Big Ballpark favors the swift.

I'm with you, hope we're right.

I agree it's split second decision by the 3rd base coach but Lofton would scored easily.

ESPN did a split screen analysis of the Play and Manny was still a good distance away from the ball.

Oh well.... Go Rockies!.. smirk.gif

GO REDSOXS LOL

Can't argue that Pier, that is why I said Skinner "may" have made the right choice. That has to be one of the toughest things to do as a coach. My Pale Hose did great in 05 with Joey Cora, it seemed like he guessed right almost every time. This year, my Pale Hose did not fair so well. Razor Shines was wrong most of the time. I think the short porch may have fooled Skinner and he might have thought Manny was closer than he was.

Windy