Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
zamboni

U of M Lead Survey

zamboni

Got this lead survey last week in the mail- anyone else get one? If so, is this survey more than likely going to mean the end of lead shot in southern MN?

Scott M

It's to gauge your opinions. I believe that is Dr. David Fulton's study? The study doesn't make decisions about future regulations but it judges how the public thinks about lead.

Transitioning out of lead is just a matter of time as has been discussed here on FM. Someone in MN DNR told me that it will happen in the next 15 years and it will just be how quickly the state chooses to act. IMO, the survey just tells them how ready the public is for the change. Does MN want to be one of the first to go nontoxic and set an example or be last and dragged into it?

zamboni

Yep Dr Fulton, and Sue Schroeders project manager.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• The Chemist
      Yes that would be the one. A friend of mine sent it to me. The guy who got it is a friend of his nephew. 
    • The Chemist
      So that explains the traffic and also the one where they were shooting video of what appeared to be about a drill type auger. Did drive by an ice team truck on the way out also.
    • The Chemist
      The warmer weather has brought alot of people out to the area. We are waiting for the later bite. Most are setup in shallowet water. Haven't marked fish yet but tendto see them at sunset.    Be careful with all the holes being drilled! I found one that was covered back in, got my shin, luckily not my ankle.
    • eyeguy 54
      Started out in 26 feet this morning and had 5 dandy crappies in 15 minutes then it was over. moved a mile and found a few dandy gills in 16 feet. And a couple bass.  Day 2 with the new rods and liking them more. 
    • monstermoose78
      I would fish them trees
    • HunterFisher11
      So I should set my house in really shallow in on those trees?? Or stay out a little bit on the drop? Going to do a over night if that makes a difference?
    • monstermoose78
      Find them trees if they are in the water. I fished a lake like that and it was fishing the crappies in the trees. I had to use heavier line to horse them out quick.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Pulled my house a couple of days ago, but there are still a few fish biting at some spots. Very slow for me! Good roads out there yet as we plowed them after the last snow. Cliff
    • HunterFisher11
      So have had this small lake on my radar seance last spring, was out there and got some really nice crappies a buddy and his dad got some nice northerns, so like I said small lake max death of 5-6 ft and that is pretty much in one spot but does kind of get close to shore where there is trees in the lake. So my thought is to sit on the edge and fish for crappies and toss out a tip up closer to shore??
    • side_laker
      Thinking about bring my wheelhouse up there tomorrow far a day of fishing and spend the night any new reports 
  • Share & Have Fun