Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach

Mosquito's

7 posts in this topic

Ok, I spent the day out in the woods today, and no one should be fighting these things on October 20th. That said, what do you do to fight these buggers off and still try to keep sent free?

one word, THERMACELL

I looked up Thermacell, does it really work? It does not make any noise?

They work great. I picked one up earlier in the year and was pleasantly surprised. I would get to my spot and the mosquitoes would be terrible, usually you get easily kill 4 with one smack. Needless to say I got fed up with them and went straight to gander to get a thermacell. Now when i get into the woods (when the bugs are bad) I fire up the thermacell and they are just about all gone within 10 minutes. They do make a little noise but I never noticed it while I was hunting.

I second the Thermacell nodd. Awesome... almost silent, but not enough to spook anything IMO.

ive seen those...how do they work?? is it a vibration thing or what?? those bugs are TERRIBLE!!!

They heat up a little pad that has a scent free mosquito repealant. I did some research and found that the active ingredient used actually comes from a plant.