Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HunterLee

Trapping??

7 posts in this topic

Well did anyone else get out and set some traps today. I got out 25. Going to extend the line a bit tommorow. Mostly for coons, but also set a couple yote traps, next week will be the beaver and minks.

Wish I could. I grew up in Marshall. My dad taught me at 13 how to trap rats and I spent the next 9 years trapping until I moved up to the cities. I miss it tremendously and wish I could get back out there. My kids are now 11 & 9 and have shown some interest in it so there is still some hope. I have been having a hard time getting any permission around here. Good luck and have some fun.

What do fur prices look like HunterLee? Heard the other day that a lot of rats did not sell at last auction.

Rats are going to be down a alot compared to early last year. As far as everything else who knows.

We are just starting to freeze up up here, the ponds are frozen, but have to wait for the rivers and creeks to freeze up then I will start making the 70 snowmachine ride to where my trapline is going to start. Should be an interesting winter for me trapping new country and new animals.

fisherman222 Thanks and goodluck to you.

It's gonna be good to hear your tales from the far north...you and Leechmann from the nearer north...some of us are with you in thought on your traplines and it's like getting into a long running serial, like Lou and Charlie in FFG.

Well, the price of coons won't be so bad after another week or so. I got $5 for small one in the round, one nice big one got $15. One yote for $10. The coons i got were early as was the coyote, but shortly they will be worth more. So far i have gotten 21 coons, 9 shunks, and a yote, oh and a badger. 12 coons and the yote were shot though, did call in a red fox this morning, but he went inot the creek and winded me.