Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishtrapgirl

My first deer!!!

fishtrapgirl

Finally got to go bowunting last week for the first time this year (been busy with work & building a house). I was sitting in a ground blind and had been out for about 45 minutes when I started seeing deer. Saw a doe that passed at about 60 yards and then later a doe and a fawn that hung right around my blind for about 10 minutes at 5 yards. Debated about shooting the doe since I so badly have been wanting to get my first deer, but when she started licking her fawn's face there was just no way. While these two were starting to walk away, this buck walked in and stood behind some brush. I got on the edge of my chair so I could draw back, grunted twice on my True Talker, and he stepped out broadside at about 25 yards. I drew back, released, and THWACK! What an awesome sound! He trotted about 30-40 yards, wobbled, and then fell. It all happened so fast, I don't think I realized how hard I was breathing and how fast my heart was pounding. I have bowhunted for 10 years, but never very seriously until the past few years after I married my husband. I grew up in a family that didnt hunt and I was always scared to shoot a deer because I didn't really have anyone to help me with it. So you can imagine my excitement to finally get my first deer, and to make such a great shot on him. He's no monster, but a trophy to me. I know I will never forget this first kill for as long as I live. I hope there's many more in my future as I am totally obsessed with bowhunting. Hopefully my Hoyt Vectrix gets to play some more string music this weekend!

100_0816.jpg

LABS4ME

Great Job FTG! 1ST times are great aren't they? Here's hoping for many more!

Good Luck!

Ken

harvey lee

Great story and deer. Congrats to you. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

maros91

Awesome story, hope you harvest many more!!

BKB

Congrats and welcome to the obesession of the stick and string!

Big Country

SCORE! Congrat's. grin.gif BC

NELS-BELLS

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the story!

Nels

PerchJerker

Great story. Congrats on a great hunt and on your first deer!

Royce Aardahl

Congrats! Great story.

delmuts

congrats!! the "RUSH" now you know why so many of us bow hunt!! grin.gif

bottomdweller

Way to go on your first deer. Good read.

gurkster

GREAT JOB!!! Thanks for sharing. I know my first deer with a bow is one of my true trophies.

bigbucks

Congrats, it's just the best feeling when you know you smoked one.

fishtrapgirl

Thanks for the comments everyone! I really appreciate them. Hung some stands this past weekend and also got a Cuddeback, will be lots of fun to see what we get on there.

fishtrapgirl

Meat-Run

Hey fishtrapgirl,

nice deer and congrats on the first one. Its now in your blood and you'll definetly think twice about taking up firearms season, bow and string is addicting for sure.

Kudos to you and two thumbs up to your husband for introducing you to this great sport!!!!! grin.gif

mr

fishtrapgirl

Hey Meat-Run,

I actually kinda re-introduced my husband to bowhunting. When we started dating I begged him to buy a bow at Gander Mountain. He had given bowhunting a try years ago, but had sold his bow before I knew him. Well, after we started doing 3D shooting and hunting together, he was hooked this time and is now more obsessed then me. It really is a passion for both of us. Not sure how I decided to get into it, just know at 16 years old I wanted to get a bow and sit in the woods. My husband did however introduce me to ice fishing and pheasant hunting, which are my next two most favorite things to do.

Deitz Dittrich

Love the story!... Great job!!!