• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oct. 26-29

My father my uncle and my self will be heading up 26-29.Was wondering about river current, and how it will affect us. Last year we were using 3/8oz. jigs and drifting. I've heard some talk about having to go up to a 3/4oz. Are these guys anchoring and thats why they have to go with so much wait, or is the river just moving that fast. Also when we came up last year we where fishing 18-24 FOW, it sounds like everything is alot shallower, is that because of high water.

Any insite will help

THANKS

If the dutchman reads this we tryed to get in at your place for the long weekend but you were already booked up. Good for you bad for us. We stayed with you last year and really wanted to again. You and your wife are two of the nicest people we had ever met. More than likly we stop in and say Hi. smile.gif

Not to tough being nice to fishermen! Can't imagine another type of clientelle with a lower "A-Hole Factor". Yeah, kind of bittersweet when we're full, especially when we have to turn away regulars. My mortgage holder likes to see the payments keep coming though.

The parking lot can get pretty tight after dark but give us a shout if you can squeeze in! Seems like boats and trucks get bigger and longer every year and our parking lot gets smaller.

If you read my posts you know I would rather knit a sweater than anchor but it does appear to be the way to go right now. We did have a group that were catching good eaters at anchor but got tired of it and drifted and picked up several upper 20's, so find some slower water behind a bend and give it a try.

Hey walleyeguy, not sure what arrangements you've made but we just had a kichenette open up. Give us a shout if it works for you.