• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ok everyone, I have a mid 80's Mercury 20hp motor. And I'm wondering the best way to winteriz my motor for storage so next year it can continue to start on the first or second pull. Thanks for your feedback.

Go to a good boat-specific website or the Boats/Motors forum here. They have FAQ posts that address all of the main issues with winterizing.

I usually just mix some gas treatment in with my last tank of the season, fog the cylinders, and change the lower unit oil. My '79 Evinrude is pretty easy to winterize though. You really should get one of the manuals for your specific motor to see what else they recommend. A lot of folks will change their pumps, impellers, and other stuff at the end of the season.