• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good spot to fish, especially in the spring. I have never fished it in the fall ,but with the higher water right now, it definately is worth a try. The only downfall is that you have to be out of there before 10:00 or you will get ticketed.

That is odd. Most of the river land is State land, Not county. I'll also have to see if that it a DNR landing or county landing!

The public land is there to give you access to the river. If you are using the river, I don't see how they ticket you.

It's like camping on the river bank in St Peter, they can't stop you. If your off the bank and want to camp you have to use there sites.

So far I've found this.

Subd. 9. State water access site; purpose; resource and site qualifications;

administration.

(a) A state water access site shall be established to provide public access to

rivers and lakes which are suitable for outdoor water recreation and where the access is necessary

to permit public use.

(B) No unit shall be authorized as a state water access site unless its proposed location

substantially satisfies the following criteria:

(1) the body of water to which access is being provided and surrounding lands can withstand

additional recreational use without undue damage to the environment or undue risks to the health

and safety of water users;

(2) public access to the body of water is either nonexistent or inadequate.

© State water access sites shall be administered by the commissioner of natural resources

or the commissioner of transportation in a manner which is consistent with the purposes of

this subdivision to provide public access to water. Access roads, off-road parking areas, refuse

containers, sanitary facilities, and facilities for limited picnicking and primitive camping may be

provided when the commissioner determines that these activities are justifiable and are compatible

with the resource and the natural environment.

So I say: if the access is closed. It is nonexistent!

Are there actually trout in this creek because there are signs designating trout stream and while I was fishing there today (which amounted to nothing) a guy told me it was a pretty good trout stream.??

Depending one the water levels...any of the small pools in the creek will hold some Brown trout. I've heard of some larger ones caught up stream.

Quote:

That is odd. Most of the river land is State land, Not county. I'll also have to see if that it a DNR landing or county landing!

The public land is there to give you access to the river. If you are using the river, I don't see how they ticket you

Public or state it doesn't matter, there is a sign , or there used to be ,posted that you had to be out of there by such time. Mainly because the area had become a huge party zone for the kids and some drug dealing going on as well. I was warned once by the police for being in there after hours, even though I was loading up the boat and heading for home.

yes there are trout in 7 mile creek,I live close enough that I can walk there (but I dont) the creek heads towards co rd 13 and dumps into the Minnesota ,the further west you go from the park the better the fishing is....trout that is.

Mr walleye is in the Minnesota ,but be carfull there is a sink hole out there

• 1 month later...

Ok. So far the best I can do with landing that close is. Code:

Most accesses are open 24 hours a day. There is no fee to use them, 

with the exception for accesses located within a state park. To use these, you must purchase a daily or annual state park sticker.

That comes from http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/water_access/index.html

If the Co, Law Enforcement Officer is going to give you a ticket for using the access for fishing he better make sure that the sign say; Landing and park closed at (such and such) time!

Here is two more;

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/arule/6218/0100.html

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/arule/6218/0200.html

No where have I found one word of a closeing time on a State Water access.