Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trollingforeyes

AREA WATER TEMPS PLEASE?

11 posts in this topic

Any one have the water temps in the GR area?

Thanks

The temps on cutfoot have been from 51-53 so I am guessing most area lakes will be about the same.

Thanks for thr update Jim. I take it was last weekend?

As of the 19th of Oct. I am sure they will drop a little more with the low of 38 this morning.

48 on Sand Lake yesterday

Thanks, You all were right on the degree. I found 52 on Pokegama Sat eve. and heard of 53 on Deer. I think it is 5-10 degrees above normal for this time of year. I remember frozen swamps and small lakes around deer opener.

Sounds like global warming is about to elimante our hard water fishing. confused.gif-

I know what you mean. I always planned on ice fishing Thanksgiving weekend and anymore it seems to be the 2nd weekend in dec.As warm as this fall has been it may very well be Christmas frown.gif

I was fishing Ball Club Friday(19th) and Sat., temps on my graph show 55 to 56. I know Ball Club is usually one of the last lakes to freeze up so that may be why it is warmer than the reading others are getting....or my temp is off, I've never checked it.

Lot's of duck hunters, they seemed to be getting a lot of shooting, especially on Friday. I was mostly casting for northerns, didn't get anything big, lot's of 4 to 6#, biggest boated was 7# 9oz. and was caught on a big creek chub on a quick-set rig.

Does any one know the temp after this last Sat night freeze???

Sorry but as of yesterday the boat put is put away till spring so for me it is deer hunting and then getting ready for the hard water season.

Jim Best of luck with the rut and don't spill any of that Doe in heat stuff on youself. Hey, try some of that suff on your lures when fishing is slow. Who knows?? grin.gif