• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good for you Joe Torre

blue_healer_guy

I think he will find another job, perhaps not for the same kind of money but not the same kind of pressure either..

thanks Joe. Making the yankees look foolish taking days to decide if they want him only to have him turn them down. you have deserved the right to walk away on your own.

I can't wait for the big George to trot out Tony LaRussa as their next manager and watch him totally tank in NYC!

Nice move, Mr. Torre.

Windy

Windy - Tony will not take that job, he hates the media period., and would not last a day in NY. Duncan is still with the Cards for another season and they are going to pay Tony what he wants, with the signings of Izzy, Pinero and Springer it shows that were not dismantling but reloading, Eckstein is next and look for the Cards to add a quality starter in the off season. Anthony Reyes game 2 winner in last years world series is probably gone... With a healthy Rolen and the youngsters Ryan and Shoe getting alot of experience we will be just fine next season... I would like them to add another power type guy for left field, I think Encarnacion may be done.. Maybe from left to right Ludwick, Ankiel and Duncan...

CNY,

I was hoping you would chime in on this. This is just the skinny that we are hearing here in the Windy, that George has Tony in his sites as a back up plan to Torre. I fully agree, NYC would chew up Tony, the fans and media are no where near as accomodating as the Redbird clan. I would hate to see that happen to him, I used to like him a ton but some of the shine is off the rose with his run ins this year. Still would hate to see him take that bite of the big apple.

Windy

LaRusssa should be signing a 3 year deal with St. Louis very shortly according to Peter Gammons wink.gif

I just dont understand what the yanks were thinking when they didnt get torre to come back. I mean, look at the guys stats. That just says it all there. I know they were talking that all they want to do is win World Series. Well think of this for a min.

Jow coached them for the last 12 years, and was in the playoffs all 12 years, you cant tell me that there is a better coach out there that has done that for a ball club. Ya i understand that they have to most money spent then god, but come on, the guy knows how to handle is players, and how to get a ball club to the playoffs.

Im not a yank fan at all, but they was a joke how they handle that mess.

CNY,

The man in the know down in Arch Town. Tony the Tiger inks a 2 year deal with the Red Birds. Now who is Georgie Porgie going to convince to run the nut house in New York?

Windy

Look for the youth movement to continue in NY with Joe Giradi at the helm...

Windy - Rumour has it the Cards interviewed the White Sox assistant GM for the Cards vacant GM position cool.gif They should have the positon filled some time prior to the end of the world series...

Listening to LaRussa's press conference the Rolen/LaRussa discontent is still there. It seem's the more Tony p.o.'s Scott the better he plays, hey whatever works. Hopefully him and Jimmy can play healthy next season but I know Mulder and Carp need to be healthy and solid for us to make another run...

I'm a little late chiming in on this, i've been m i a for a few days. I have to agree with mike and mike in the morning and some other guys that the Yankees offered this assuming/hoping he would reject this offer. They couldn't not offer him something since 12 straight years in the playoffs but its been too long with out the big win for Stienbrenner. The yankees are just saving face and Torre doesn't need the money. I don't think we will see Torre again until 2009 if ever.