• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Morris Point

I've fished LOW and the river for several years but have never fished the Morris Point Gap. We've fished up and down the river, the bay and the lighthouse gap, but not Morris Point.

Can someone please tell me the best way to access the Morris Point Gap? Can I boat across the bay to Morris Point or do I need to enter the lake through the lighthouse gap and then over to Morris Point? If I cant access MP through the bay? Is there a closer launch (other then the public launch next to Borderview)?

Thanks for the help!

DB

Balday: I wouildn't cross four mile bay to get to Morris Point. There are lots of hidden rocks just below the surface. I know some of the locals do it, but unless you know the path thru it, don't chance it. As for a closer launch, Morris Poing Resort has a "pay per time" ramp, sheltered with no current. It is in Bostic Creek and several of the resorts there use the creek to access the Lake. You can also go thru the Gap and run down the front of Pine Island. If it's windy and the lake is rough, that can be an exciting ride. If you have a smaller boat, Morris Point Resort and Bostic is the way to go... Hope theis helps... smile.gif Kaz

Thank you. That is exactly the type of information that I'm looking for.

Leaving this Thursday for our annual trip and I can hardly wait.

Also take heed of the dead heads, we saw several marked floaters, and several unmarked floaters. There are also a couple poles just above the water, right in the main boat path from the river to the gap. take your time the first time out, and stick to the same route each time after. Saw SEVERAL boats make unexpected stops and check their hulls and motors...