Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

wild turkey question. and not the alcohol wild turkey

5 posts in this topic

in my travels i see a fair amount of turkeys. why is it you hardly ever see the hens, most birds are toms? is it because the toms are darker in color or what? anybody got any ideas?

I'm not sure why you see so many toms. I see hens quite often. Maybe the bachelor group you see really likes the area you keep seeing them in.

I'm with powerstroke,I dont see many toms,mostly hens,Hes probably right your seeing the same group of jakes,if it's in the same area.If not I'd like to go hunting with you!! tongue.gif

when giong to and from places around spicer/ new london even cold spring where i live thats all i see are toms, and by the size of them they appear to be older than a jake. maybe because of there colors i focus on them not hens. i dont know i just see a hole lot more toms than hens. it sure gets the ole ticker revved up when you see them though.

Around Spicer-NewLondon I see lots a turkeys,but their all hens.Around home here I just started seein em last spring,and ya two toms I've seen em 3 times always traviling the same path headed to woods.I have'nt seen any hens yet,but this is the first year around home I've seen any. confused.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• bturck
      Enjoy your last weekend of the walleye/pike season.looking forward to your crappie reports........
    • AaronTC05
      I understand that the SonarChart data comes from user submitted data, but I wonder if that data is rife with errors.  Maybe the users set up their sonar wrong or something to contribute to the faulty data?  As your screen shots prove, they're highly inconsistent.  There is no 37 foot hole just south of the words Marion Lake nor along the western shorelines.  Based on my experience on the lake with my sonar in my boat, the Navionics data is more accurate than the Sonar Chart, so I'm not seeing the value in the $4.99 yearly subscription to the user submitted data. I guess I'll have to evaluate on a few different lakes and see, maybe it is just a problem with the data for Marion, I just expected that the user submitted data would be more accurate, not less accurate   On a side note, I noticed I could refresh my map update and that at least got rid of the data with the 51' depths, but it still looks like your screen shot on the right.  I'll keep checking for updates in hopes of better data come summer.    
    • brmurph
      I will be up there next week from Austin Texas.  Can anyone comment on the lake and how safe it is after the warm up?  I thought it would be very unsafe but I saw a truck on the ice plowing an ice rink this morning on one of the web cams.   Is there still plenty of ice and is the lake in pretty good shape now that is has turned cold again?  Maybe it is in better shape then before the cold?   I grew up in the area but that was 30 + years ago so any schooling on the ice would great.   Thanks for any comments.
    • Rick G
      Was out there Tue.... Ice was getting soft on top. Access was in ok shape. Don't think you will be getting a wheelhouse out unless it's a real small light one.  Had 16-20 inches of ice yet
    • Rick G