Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
tunrevir

Anyone seeing any deer in the area?

tunrevir

Just curious to see how people were doing with the bowhunting in the area so far this year. I've been out twice so far and the first trip was just a nice long quiet sit in the woods. The second trip I saw an 8 and a 3 point but no does untill I was driving up my driveway! Just curious to see if the deer are moving much. Good luck out there!

Tunrevir~

so haaad

Saw 2 does last night, but not a lot of activity. Some of the beans in the area have been picked, but with the rain it's going to be awhile before the rest come out.

gurkster

I also saw 2 does the other night and nothing the following night. It is much slower for me than in years past, I am not sure what is up - maybe the weather? I hunt the FL/Wyoming area and normally (other years) see deer in my area every night. Hopefully they start to move a bit more. I have seen a nice one on my trail camera, but it is always just after midnight. Best wishes to all!

tunrevir

I think this next week with the night time temps getting into the thirties things should get moving.

Tunrevir~

gurkster

Yeah, I think you are right. Do you hunt in the FL area?

blarkey

shot a 11 point on saturday but haven't seen alot up to that point

tunrevir

Quote:

Yeah, I think you are right. Do you hunt in the FL area?

Yep, all around the area. Saw a nice 10 Friday at dark made a rub and opened a scrape but was too far away to get a shot. Saw a spike Saturday that ended up bedding at the base of my tree for almost two hours. One deer Sat night but couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe as it was too far out in the brush and didn't hunt yesterday evening. I'm hoping they kick into gear this week!

Tunrevir~

ole matty

as i dont hunt deer but i do see them in field on some route in wyoming-chisago lake area.. all does. tunrevir hope u shoot a nice doe or buck! haha t care

Deitz Dittrich

Got a pict Blarkey?

I have a tough time finding land to hunt in the area... do most of my bow hunting in WI... I would love to find some areas closer to home!

blarkey

[image]IMG_0069.jpg[/image] 11 pointer on sat.

tunrevir

Niiiice! So far I have one management tag filled, still hoping for the big guy to wander through in the next couple days.

Tunrevir~

gurkster

Nice deer!!! Last week the deer seemed to be moving more in my area. I saw a few smaller bucks sparring, still waiting for the one I want.

tunrevir

Picked up a doe last night and had 2 friends that both shot bucks yesterday. I didn't hunt today but wil be out and about tomorrow night.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Deitz Dittrich

Congrats on the doe Tun~

so haaad

Tunrevir (or anyone else),

With temps expected to reach the 60's today, I need to get my deer in to get processed still today. Do you recommend anyone around FL?

so haaad

I forgot to add that the bucks were really moving in the mornings this weekend. I saw two bucks on Saturday morning, and two bucks on Sunday.

so haaad

I forgot to add that the bucks were really moving with the cool morning temps this past weekend. I saw two bucks on Saturday morning between 8:30 - 9:30, and two bucks on Sunday but earlier.

FL SNIPER

so haaad...I just emailed tunrevir a phone number for a place to process deer...I asked him to forward the number onto you (I'd post it here but I'm not sure on the forum rules). The person does a good job and is reasonably priced. Just north of North Shore Trail on Heath Ave. Congratulations on the deer, good work!

awolff

I know the place and would recommend it as well. I'm pretty sure they don't do sausage or jerky, though, so if that's something you wanted you'll have to bring your trimmings somewhere else.

tunrevir

Heitalas on 97 does a good job, Cherry hill in Taylors falls, Lindstrom market used to do deer, Neaudeaus on 61 in hugo, and a handful of other folks. Congrats again on a nice deer and a well placed shot! Thanks for the congrats on the doe too, Deitz!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

so haaad

Sniper, wolf and tunrevir, thanks for the info. I ended up taking a little time off of work and cut it up myself. I'll still need someone to bring my trimmings to, so thanks again for the input.

so haaad

Sniper, I got G.C.'s phone #. Thanks! smile.gif

FL SNIPER

Good deal so haaad...G.C. does a good job on the deer. Last year I dropped off a deer Sunday night of gun opener weekend...I got a call Tuesday morning saying it was ready to pick up.

Great job on the buck! Good luck when you get out next.

F.L.