• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone seeing any deer in the area?

Just curious to see how people were doing with the bowhunting in the area so far this year. I've been out twice so far and the first trip was just a nice long quiet sit in the woods. The second trip I saw an 8 and a 3 point but no does untill I was driving up my driveway! Just curious to see if the deer are moving much. Good luck out there!

Tunrevir~

Saw 2 does last night, but not a lot of activity. Some of the beans in the area have been picked, but with the rain it's going to be awhile before the rest come out.

I also saw 2 does the other night and nothing the following night. It is much slower for me than in years past, I am not sure what is up - maybe the weather? I hunt the FL/Wyoming area and normally (other years) see deer in my area every night. Hopefully they start to move a bit more. I have seen a nice one on my trail camera, but it is always just after midnight. Best wishes to all!

I think this next week with the night time temps getting into the thirties things should get moving.

Tunrevir~

Quote:

Yeah, I think you are right. Do you hunt in the FL area?

Yep, all around the area. Saw a nice 10 Friday at dark made a rub and opened a scrape but was too far away to get a shot. Saw a spike Saturday that ended up bedding at the base of my tree for almost two hours. One deer Sat night but couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe as it was too far out in the brush and didn't hunt yesterday evening. I'm hoping they kick into gear this week!

Tunrevir~

as i dont hunt deer but i do see them in field on some route in wyoming-chisago lake area.. all does. tunrevir hope u shoot a nice doe or buck! haha t care

Got a pict Blarkey?

I have a tough time finding land to hunt in the area... do most of my bow hunting in WI... I would love to find some areas closer to home!

Niiiice! So far I have one management tag filled, still hoping for the big guy to wander through in the next couple days.

Tunrevir~

Nice deer!!! Last week the deer seemed to be moving more in my area. I saw a few smaller bucks sparring, still waiting for the one I want.

Picked up a doe last night and had 2 friends that both shot bucks yesterday. I didn't hunt today but wil be out and about tomorrow night.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Tunrevir (or anyone else),

With temps expected to reach the 60's today, I need to get my deer in to get processed still today. Do you recommend anyone around FL?

I forgot to add that the bucks were really moving in the mornings this weekend. I saw two bucks on Saturday morning, and two bucks on Sunday.

I forgot to add that the bucks were really moving with the cool morning temps this past weekend. I saw two bucks on Saturday morning between 8:30 - 9:30, and two bucks on Sunday but earlier.

so haaad...I just emailed tunrevir a phone number for a place to process deer...I asked him to forward the number onto you (I'd post it here but I'm not sure on the forum rules). The person does a good job and is reasonably priced. Just north of North Shore Trail on Heath Ave. Congratulations on the deer, good work!

I know the place and would recommend it as well. I'm pretty sure they don't do sausage or jerky, though, so if that's something you wanted you'll have to bring your trimmings somewhere else.

Heitalas on 97 does a good job, Cherry hill in Taylors falls, Lindstrom market used to do deer, Neaudeaus on 61 in hugo, and a handful of other folks. Congrats again on a nice deer and a well placed shot! Thanks for the congrats on the doe too, Deitz!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Sniper, wolf and tunrevir, thanks for the info. I ended up taking a little time off of work and cut it up myself. I'll still need someone to bring my trimmings to, so thanks again for the input.

Good deal so haaad...G.C. does a good job on the deer. Last year I dropped off a deer Sunday night of gun opener weekend...I got a call Tuesday morning saying it was ready to pick up.

Great job on the buck! Good luck when you get out next.

F.L.