Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonnieDahl

North Shore

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone been up fishing lately? I realize the main run is over, but me and a buddy are planning to head up there tomorrow afternoon for a little while and see if we can't catch a few late salmon.

Thanks

Donnie,

I'm planning on fishing some rivers and mouths along the upper shore this weekend. Let me know how you do if you get out tomorrow.

With the water levels, I wonder if there are some more steelhead coming in....

Suppose to be a lot of rain and big winds comming. Might whant a backup plan. confused.gif

The weather doesn't look so good as of now...but I was there this past Saturday. It was beautiful outside. Got on the water early with NO wind at all. Not many fish left but they're are a few. We got a few deteriorating pinks and 2 dark steelies. Looks like they've been in there for a while. We also saw a nice size king an upstream pool...about 3 pools up. You'll have to walk to get into the action. But with the rain coming...you may want to hold off. GL to you all!

I just got back from a week up there. I was only able to tangle with a couple fish, but it's a whole new game to me,so I'm happy.I took this trip to get the lay of the land and plan for future trips. Fish were a goal, but I wasn't expecting a lot with the weather being what it was this week.

Tuesday was awesome. I know the word awesome has been cheapened by overuse recently, but check this out.

40 knot wind and 10 ft. waves!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/JoesKid2/IMG_0374.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/JoesKid2/IMG_0370.jpg

Quote:

Suppose to be a lot of rain and big winds comming. Might whant a backup plan.
confused.gif

40 MPH winds. Pretty nasty evening up there I heard.

Great pics - thanks for sharing. We're new to north shore fishing as well, but managed to catch a lake trout last weekend (couldn't keep it though).

I'm hoping for good weather and another trip up this weekend.