Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishing_High

Muskybug

4 posts in this topic

Can't seem to get help in Brainerd forum fishing a small chain of lakes south of the Whitefish Chain. Do you have any general tips I could try to hook into a nice Pike? This Saturday looks like the best day will be fishing morning till night. Thanks for any info.

with the water temps dropping i would look at inside weed edges and any green weeds you can find. lots of big fish move suprisingly shallow this time of year. spinnerbaits and buzz baits would be my method of choice, but dont over look jig/creature combos if you find isolated patches of cover, you might get a moster large mouth as well. Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Hey thanks for the Info, your right about them being shallow I got a 32 inch pike on a mepps in about 2-4 feet of water last weekend right as the sun was rising and fog over the entire lake. I will try a few of your suggestions I'm also thinking to trying some lindy rigging and big lite northern minnows because theres a steep drop around the whole lake we can drift and troll along the whole thing,who knows we got a real good shot at a big largemouth few 20 inchers and my buddie got a 21.5 inch largie out of one of the lakes we'll be fishing i'll try to post the pic. Thanks for the info i'll let you know how we do.

My 20 inch

Beast2.jpg

Beast.jpg

Buddies 21.5 probably 6 pounds didn't want to put on the scale

dunbar2.jpg

dunbar.jpg

Belly looked like it had a softball in it.

Well we did ok, fishing was kind of slow didn't get the big pike we were after my friend thinks he missed it jigging a minnow outside a channel but got bit off. We caught pike on lindy rigs with minnows between 8-12 feet of water, and were getting nice 16-18 inch largies with spinnerbaits and jig worms. I had a question thought for you Jonah we were getting most of our bites on lindy rigs with minnow right outside of the channel with the water flowing into it, what is the best way to target or fish channels with the current flowing into them? And are these over all good spots to target big fish?