Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boss Hogg

Amsoil and New Honda 2000 Generator

3 posts in this topic

Hey Amsoil man, I have a question for you. I recently bought a 2000 Honda generator, and have regular oil in it. As of now, I only have run it about 10 minutes. My buddy told me not to put Amsoil in it until it is broken in. Like 3 or 4 hours. He gave me a whole bunch of reasons why not to. I think he is full of it. What do you say? Thanks

I didn't run it right away either, but not cuz I couldn't. I just didn't have access to it right away. I put mobile one in it, ran my fish house the first weekend, brought it home, bought amsoil and changed it. if it's only in a short while anyway, why spend more on amsoil?? just my 2cents

In general with today's engines there is little to no break-in required. What does Honda recommend as a 'normal' oil change interval? My guess is 25 hours for your generator. My preference is I would like to see at least 3 to 5 hours on a break in petroleum oil before putting AMSOIL in it. (Just set it out in the yard and let it run for several hours, plug in a couple of lights to have a light load on it.) (That's what I did with a 5kva generator I bought several years ago.) (Similarly with lawn mowers I recommend mowing your yard a couple of times before changing to AMSOIL.)

You didn't ask, but for all the small 4-stroke utility engines (generators, pressure washers, lawn mowers, small tractors, etc.) the best choice with AMSOIL is our new Formula 4-Stroke Small Engine Oil, 10W-30/SAE 30, product code ASE. More info at this link

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cobber
      Shoot I'm sorry- $19,975. I'm trying to edit the post but I cant- is tehre any way to do so, or to delete the ad and repost correctly?   -Cobber
    • Chill62
      I'm wondering the same thing!  Low temps have been dropping below freezing and in shallow water that temp has to drop multiple degrees in a night.  I'm wondering if they went back to the breaks and are waiting again?
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Looks like a nice fight rick! Fun when hook into the big ones in the yak. Like santa and his reindeer.
    • AlwaysFishing23
    • Cobber
      Selling a 2004 Lund Fisherman, Fully Loaded
      The boat is in excellent shape- has always been kept in a BoatHouse, never spent a night outside.
      Reason for selling is purchased a new Lund.   2004 Lund 1800 Fisherman, IPS Hull
      2004 Yamaha VZ150TLRC V-Max / 150 HP (Electric Start, Tilt & Trim) (Top Speed 52-54mph)
      2012 Yamaha T9 (9.9HP)- T9.9LPA, 4-Stroke Kicker w/ Tilt & Trim & Electric Start   The Boat Features:
      * Top Speed of Boat Generally- 52-54 MPH
      * Humminbird 959CI HD DI (Down Imaging & GPS Combo)- Internal GPS Antenna Unit
      * Humminbird comes with a Navionics MN Mapping Chip
      * Stainless Steel Prop for Yamaha VMAX 150
      * (Spare) Aluminum Prop for Yamaha VMAX 150
      * Transom Saver Included
      * Trolling Motor (Minn Kota 65PD)- 65lb Thrust & Foot Control
      * Hydraulic Steering for the 150 HP Main Motor
      * Tilt Steering Wheel for Outboard Motors
      * 4 Lund Seats (Great Condition)
      * 2 Jump Seats in AFT
      * Aft Casting Deck (when Jump Seats fold down)
      * Ski Bar
      * Vinyl Floor
      * OEM (LUND) Snap-in Marine Carpet (hardly used)
      * Full Set of Batteries for Boat (2 for 24v Trolling System, Starting Battery)
      * Onboard Charger for Trolling Motor 24v System (Single Plug-in Point to charge both)
      * Two (2) Boat Covers- One is LUND brand, second is Cabelas Brand
      * Rod Storage: 7'6" Port Side (5 Tubes, Lockable)
      * In-Floor Storage in Lower Level (batteries)
      * Dual Livewells (Aft/Bow)- Auto-Timed Aerated, with Lighting
      * Stereo/CD with Speakers- Equipped   Boat Specifications:
      * Boat Hull is the IPS Hull, from Marine-grade 5052 H34 aluminum
      * Boat Length: 18' 6"
      * Boat Beam: 96"
      * Transom: 20" (OB)
      * Fuel Tank: 40Gal Capacity, with ProPlus Reserve
      * Bilge Pump
      * Interior Lighting (switched)
      * Navigation Lights
      * Deep, Full-width Splash Pan (rear)
      * Double-Riveted Seams
      * Solid Metal Seat Hinges   Trailer:
      * Karavan Roller Trailer
      * Galvanized Trailer
      * Extremely low miles on trailer (Boat sat in a Boat House at the Cabin)
      * Trailer features Surge Brakes Equipped
      * Trailer has a spare tire included   Please call, text or email with any questions.
      I'll remove the ad as soon as the boat is sold.   Thanks-
      Cary @ 651-775-2646