• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer crack

thrasher

Who's resorted to using attractants/bait and how do they work? See Com'ere Deer on the Outdoor channel a lot.

I tried the Comere deer stuff a year ago and all I really did was spend some money. I will stay to hunting deer trails and bedding areas.

I agree, use the wind, hunt high percentage spots and leave the gimmicky stuff on the shelves. Minerals might attract a few deer this time of year but I'd say that if you want to establish a decent mineral lick start early and keep it going. Every product out there promises it will pull in a monster through sight, sound or smell. That's marketing at its finest! Hunt smart, hunt hard and use all of the cues mother nature gives you and you will do better then wandering out and throwing scent, minerals, ect; out in the hopes of catching a glimpse of that big buck of your dreams. Save your money, manage the wind and your scent and hunt the high percentage spots when the wind is right, you'll do far better then most of the other guys you know. Just my .02

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I have been using c'here deer for a few weeks now and it seems to work for me. I use the concetrated version in a hand held sprayer mixed with distilled water. I spray it in areas where I have the best shots and so far the deer have really been drawn to it. It also helps camo my scent a little. Even when the deer are down wind the smell of the c'mere deer keeps them coming. I had a nice 8 Point jump off the normal trail and head right for it last weekend allowing me a perfect broadside shot. Now if he had only been one year older smile.gif Make sure and put a lot of it down for best results. Just my opinion, but I think it works.

I've been told more than once that C'mere deer is illegal to use in Minnesota for hunting. I'd double check with a CO about it before using it. It contains plant and root extracts and maybe percieved as baiting. I know it's legal in WI and ND though... it is not solely a mineral, so I think it falls into the definition of baiting.

Here's the baiting law right out of the hunter's handbook:

Bait

• Liquid scents, salt, and minerals are not considered bait, unless they

contain other foods defined below as bait.

• “Bait” is grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts, hay, or other food that is capable

of attracting or enticing deer and that has been transported and placed

by a person.

• This restriction

does not apply to foods resulting from normal

or accepted

farming, forest management,

wildlife food plantings, orchard management,

or similar land management

activities.

Good Luck!

Ken

Buddy of mine at work told me about "Black Magic" by Deercane. Mineral powder, that you sprinkle on ground and let rain dissolve in ground. He swears deer dig a foot plus deep hole were ever you drop it! I will add he has not arrowed a deer yet this year though!

Well for my deer cam pics, I picked up a bag! I sprinkled it on top of a stump/cut wood piece and two scrape areas on the ground! It only took a couple of days until I got my first deer cam pics! It seemed to work fast! It was does and they have been pushing the cut wood chunk/stump I sprinkled the stuff on all around the area. They have also been scraping and digging ground right were I sprinkled the stuff! BUT! I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY BUCKS YET! This could just be my area, but I know there are a couple bucks running around! We will see what the next couple of weeks hold!

This is one of a doe licking at the little wood stump I put out!

fE18kcS6ebmmyAGQX31+TYM5s+-BDlMC0280.jpg [/image]

Caught this little girl in the act!

sfEB6Tyu-3+2ry0GXs2bgYye+VDcuQIq0280.jpg

Here the does are digging in the area on ground I sprinkled the stuff. Notice stump is gone now!

VEyrMTG4OZm7tu22mokukhHbqhGv37vY0280.jpg

Another one with head down to ground!

3NDj2TVmpcxJKxPmFCzU1yPt-gBzOZ780280.jpg

But in the end, I have heard of hunters peeing on trees and bush’s and deer come to check it out! I think the old traditional hunt techniques are the best stand by there is!

Good luck!