Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishyguy

Dryer problem

7 posts in this topic

My gas dryer is working intermittently. Sometimes it will light the burner and sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will stay lit and sometimes it goes out in short order. I have tried cleaning out that area. Any other ideas? Is it worth fixing? It is about 16 years old (I am guessing we have only been in the house two years).

First thing to check is if the machine is venting. After 16 years chances are your venting duct work is all plugged. Most common place for the plugs are on the elbows going out of the house and right where it comes out of the dryer.

Thank you. Anything I need to know before I pull things apart. Other than cut gas and power of course.

Does the ignighter come on every time you start the dryer?

Yes but only if I reset the dial or timer first. If I only turn it off and then hit start it is intermittent.

When mine did that it turned out to be the coil on top of the gas valve. There are 2 and they sit on metal posts held down by a small plate with 2 small screws. The coils came 2 in a bag for about 30 bucks.

Thanks. We may give that a try. I have a feeling I will be up to my elbows in dryer lint come Saturday morning. I will give the vent a good cleaning and look for those coils.

Thanks again