Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff88

Silver Lake Carp Fishing-10/6

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I've been fishing at Silver Lake for quite a while now. Carp is the species I target, and have been

catching many each time I go.

Well almost two weeks ago I fished Silver Lake again with great results. Between my Brother and I we caught 11 Carp, the biggest being 9 pounds. Our rigs consisted of #4-6 Octopus hooks, 8-12" leader, and a 1/8oz slip sinker. The bait we've had the best results with have been Canned Corn sweetened with Strawberry Jello Powder. Another bait that has been good is Sugar/Vanilla/Honey doughbait.

Well enough with the chat here are some pictures of three of the fish we caught that day.

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2164-1.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

Questions and/or comments are always welcomed. smile.gif

Nice fish! laugh.gif Those carp are fun. I think me and my brother talked to you a couple months ago up closer to the dam when we were fishing with bread on the surface. I think I also used your net to land some of the bigger ones I got. grin.gif

Nice! I wish I would have discovered this forum when I lived in Rochester! I would have loved to catch carp out there.

Quote:

Nice fish!
laugh.gif
Those carp are fun. I think me and my brother talked to you a couple months ago up closer to the dam when we were fishing with bread on the surface. I think I also used your net to land some of the bigger ones I got.
grin.gif

Oh yeah I remember. I tried surface fishing for a while, and caught a few. Although now I'm fishing at my usual spot, but surface fishing sure was fun. smile.gif