Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuckwagon

anyone waterfowl hunt at the wilke unit minnesota river valley

6 posts in this topic

want to try this spot for ducks wondering about the area is it easy to get a canoe in? good action out there?

I have a buddy who goes a lot. He got there at 5AM on Saturday to find 18 trucks in the lot. I haven't gone yet but from what he says there are plenty of birds but you need an umbrella for all the shot raining down on you all day. I believe they put their boats in right under 169.

The ramp is off old 169 and there is alot of hunters but also alot of birds. Like box said, you might get rained on and you will have hunters set up very close to you. Any duck that enters the lake will not fly back out. I quite hunting there years ago but if you have a tolerance, good luck!

Anyone hunt the area by Jordon Minnesota along the MRV?

I will be out scouting around on the MN this afternoon. There is a lot of state park by jordan, and the ducks use it as a refuge from hunters.

how did the scouting go ... i live close to jordan so it would be nice hunt there? give a report unless it was too good!