• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heres Hunter

Kallista

Kallista,

Good looking pup, Hunter's pic looks like an identical twin to ours. Did you get him in Babbitt by chance?

No i got him from Dustin.. theGhost_03 on this forum, the sire is out of Goldberrys kennels, the sire is AM CA CH Cold Drake he has conformation, championships in USA and Canada.

obedience, and field championships..Dam is out of Dustin's kennels ...Windy Ridges. The dam is out of the Von Blue line and both are pointing labs..

But thanks for the reply, when you see your pup everyday you don't notice just how big they are getting lol. Hunter is growing fast.. It's very important they are fed a premium, human grade food ..I can sure see the difference from reg store bought foods. Can you email me with the kennels name in Babbitt?

Can i see pic of your pup?

thanks kalli

They sure are good looking pups, I have Coleman out of the same litter and he appears to be lighter in color. If I ever get a chance to get some pics of him I will post them.

I would love to see him for sure.. Yes Dragon aka cold drake was very light they call him a white. Most of Goldberrys are lighter and bred for being calm and not hyper dogs, i have many of the litter pics, i might have a few of yours.. Did your have a certain collar color?

How much did does your buddy weigh? I wont know till later this week for his 2nd booster round.

PLease do sent some pics tho, I think we have a great dog on our hands and their pedigree is top of the line too.

Have you see the two girls that Dustin kept?

Very beautiful, if not i have a few pis

I do not remember what color collar he had. No I have not seen his girls, bet they are cute.

Here is pic of my 2 boys playing together in the leaves.

BRADEYCOLE.jpg

Awww so cute.. both boys.. Yup hes looking a lot like dragon aka cold drake in color. Hes just beautiful.. I was after a white too till i saw Hunter and i knew he was for me.. Funny how you get all ready for a certain color and one of another color catches your eyes.... Heres a pic of Dustin's 2 girls from our litter.. and a pic of cold drake, see how they look alike?

Does your pup smile? Hunter smiles all the time, its so funny HunterlittermateagirlnamedKinaawhit.jpggoldberry7_2006.jpg

Pups look great guys!! I can't wait to see some birds in their mouths in upcoming months and years..if their anything like their mother they will show YOU a thing or two about hunting! I will get some recent pics up in the next couple days of my girls. Keep me updated, love to hear how your pups are doing.

Just got back from the vet for some shots and he is already 32lbs, WOW do they grow fast. He tagged along in the woods a little this weekend, introduced him to some gun shots. I think that he will turn out to be a good hunter, even with my limited traing abilitites.

I think when you see them everyday it doesn't seem like they are growing fast, you can tell they are growing of course, but when people see them after a week or so they say wow hes grown a lot.... I will find out later this week when hunter goes in for his booster..

Did you get his rabies? or are you waiting till next month?

Hunter already started his heart worm pills last month, i get just one a month to his weight since it changes so much each month..

Yes he got his rabies and a booster and lymes, 3 shots, poor guy. One more in 4 weeks and he will be good for awhile. I have not started heart worm, my vet recommends waiting to 6 months, I have started Frontline.

Yep i always started at 6 months too, but the ely vet said he was outside and could have been exposed.. So she said they always start dogs early.. Now 10 years ago when i was up here, and had my kennels od akc sib huskies, they told me to wait till 6 months, so i have no clue, i just did that the vet said to do, thinking maybe its worst now a days with heart worm then 10 years ago..I used to get all my stuff from FF in Rhinelander shots and heart worm, after we got 86 dogs.. was easier.. and i gave a 8 in one with both leptos they don't even give one of them anymore, so i am back at the begining lol

Hunter got his distemper, rabies heart worm and lymes shots today

Hunter weights 32 pounds, they said he should be at 30 pounds for 13 weeks..

The vet said they start all puppies at 8 weeks old on heart worm unless they are born in middle of winter, and that 6 months is way to long to wait for it..

• 1 month later...

Hes looking great! Have you had a chance to get him out and do any hunting? I had my girls out running around in some grass, just nice to see them out enjoying themselves. Keep me posted with how he does..he continues to impress

Here is most recent pic of Coleman I have. Had him to vet for shots last week and he is already 49lbs, we had to weigh him twice since he does not look that big. I have had him in the woods quite a bit, he sure likes running around in the woods, next year we will work on actually hunting while in the woods.

[image]COLE1029.jpg[/image]

Coleman looks great!! How is his attitude..my girls are absolutely full of energy and the few times I have taken them out...all they can do is run around in the grass loving every second of it..I am waiting until sping and I might have to head to a game farm just to get them in on some bird action..but they are great obidience wise. Keep me updated...I love to hear about them

Oh yeah Hunters been out hunting many times.. Cant keep him away he sees the gun case and hes off... Hes great at retrieving the grouse.. hes being trained now by whistle only commands.. He is soft mouth.. and at times a pure terror lol..He points great and he trails super, cant fool him with that.. I run all over with the scented bumper, up trees around trees into brush his nose is to the ground and he finds the all... Plus he knows when Heather is going to have a seizure .. he will whine and run from her to me and back... I think the vet said hes 48 pounds.. I will have to look. But hes all chest and muscles...

It sounds like he is turning out to be quite the pup, great to hear! I hope your enjoying him as it sounds you are! Keep me updated, it is great to hear how well he is doing.