• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I seem to remember a spot STF was at two years ago all by himself and ice a real dandy and one other if memory serves me...mayeb I will poke around that area this year.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Kallista

• Tom Linderholm

• ripstick

steve I know you can find that spot agian heck I can and I was sober. blush.gif Tom has to look for the smelt on the ice. tongue.gif

Here it is I hope I have deb on this trip and I will be with frank and JR on this years outing. But we will be building a new house to help deb out so I will be there as well. I might need some help with the house for us to go smirk.gif. I am not asking you to give up on fishing just to lend a hand so we can go and meat you and have fun smile.gifcool.gif/

I am available usually on weekends Tom but might be able to lend a hand during a weeknight evening if you need it. Let us know when you get it started.

Im going to do my best to make the bash again this season ,,,I just have to stay away from the Wabbit or find a room thats closer ,,that stumble inn errr paddle inn is just too long of a walk ,,,,,,or maybe I just had a bad hair day

Randoid

I would suggest that all that are planning on attending should look into their rooms before they are gone. I reserved two doubles at the Paddle Inn in Ely and they are filling.

last year I needed to go to Tower and thats a few miles.

The big snowmobile fun run also is that Saturday, and that's why Ely motel rooms fill fast. Get yours TODAY! grin.gif

Steve,

Near as I can remember from Chunky's fairly accurate description of the "spot", its just around the corner from where I caught my first 3 lakers on Bside last year. smirk.gif

I'll try to stay off it! wink.gif

You are so right though about so many spots to try. This summer I was only out there twice but I paid alot of attention to the graph and kept trolling. We missed some good stuff last year by just a little bit.

Justin,

All I can say is: We better back the smack up!

Quote:

Justin,

Oh dude!!! You know who will be out there for 2 solid weeks scouting before the Bash, right?? We will be stacking 'em up like cord wood, man! cool.gif

Justin

Well, not exactly, Wanderer. A guy's gotta introduce a bit of misdirection now and then. A man who won't lie to protect his fishing spot doesn't care much about his fishing spot. grin.gif

OH! So I can fish that whole area guilt free!!!

I really liked 3 or 4 spots there. It was interesting to pick it apart. We wanted to try some of it last year but stayed with known spots instead.

I went over where I did catch my fish and it turned out to be one very small hard spot with no significant depth change from the surrounding water. I still marked activity on it this summer. My two buddies didn't even mark anything as close as 50 feet from me last ice season.

Basically the spot seems like its worth an hour maybe, but a worthwhile try any time I'm near it.

Quote:

Quote:

Justin,

Oh dude!!! You know who will be out there for 2 solid weeks scouting before the Bash, right?? We will be stacking 'em up like cord wood, man! cool.gif

Justin

Sweet! It will make it even better when the Duluth guys come up and outfish the locals. grin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

Ya I guess so Cheffrey. I just called and got the big corner room with 3 beds and the room BD110 and Skipperskid had last year. #4 and #6 I guess.

I would call asap and get rooms there. Sounds like FMers are already filling him up.

This thread was good that it started now cause there would be no rooms left if it waited till next month

I know! I just booked a room right now! So now it's official-count Lisa and her man in!

Lisa

Wife and I are booked at the paddle. The official "Wanderer" will be staying in our room as well.

Geez, they're going to have to rename the Paddle Inn just due to all the Bside Basher Crashers. grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Yikes, See what'chas started. I better get my reservation in before their booked.

Cheffrey we will need to put GPS Chips on Quick and Loonasea this year. Wouldnt it be funny to watch over a few beverages? smile.gif

that's too funny steve. i think i got it out of my system last year though. I'll be at the paddle with Cheffrey and his better half. I'll have my sled and otter with this year, so I should be a little more productive out on the ice.

Quote:

Yikes, See what'chas started. I better get my reservation in before their booked.

I'm sure they have room for the one and only Chuck Norris school of life.

smirk.gif

Quote:

Cheffrey,

Yep, nothing like the originals....
smirk.gif

Sorry Wanderer, Quickstrike was dubbed that name last year at the bash after we found him in the middle of the park hugging ice sculptures.

No offense he was only 6 days before you registered.

Quote:

I'll have my sled and otter with this year, so I should be a little more productive out on the ice.

So I should bring my tow strap? grin.gif