• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gonna be up this week during the MEA break to take my 10 yr old out fishing. Wondering what the eye's might me bitin', depths, etc.. You don't need to give me your secret spot, just a little direction for bait. I'll find out if your lyin to me because I'll get a report from Bluewater too cool.gif Thanks for the help. I've never fished in the fall and am afraid of the cold winds and my son wanting to quit early.

Well you should do good but beware the duck hunters...

I would start at the north end hump work your way around the from 15'-20' they should be there.

We netted a 19 and 24 pound Muskie last MEA, other than those two not much action but lots of guys were bringing in fish. That was then though. Good luck, have a feeling we'll try it again this weekend. Bundle Up!

Thanks for reminder on the duck hunters. I suppose wind will play a factor in where I go. Any advice on color? Minnow type?

Here's another question, what's with the minnows in a bag at the bait stores. I can't remember the name, but I think they have "grub" in the name. I look at them, but wonder why you wouldn't just use the real deal? Any insight would be appreciated.

15' - 20' is probably the ticket, but don't be afraid to go a little deeper or shallower regardless of the light and time of day. Found a nice school of them out their last fall in the shallows and a few times they were fairly deep. If it's not too windy, you may see a 16' johnboat out there getting pulled around by a fat creek chub.

kwiggy, don't know if you're a hunter, but you could do well walking together in the woods looking for grouse. If he's ten he's two years away from firearms safety, what a great way to get him excited to hunt! Plntagenet has some good grouse land around it; a friend of mine did really well a week ago.