Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icemac33

Bait between Biwabik and Ely?

5 posts in this topic

Where is my best bet for bait on the way to Birch Lake from Biwabik? We are leaving from Giants Ridge and want to pick up some stuff on Thurs morning. Also, can anyone tell me how long it will take to get to Ely from Biwabik? Thanks for any info.

Biwabik to Ely is about 45-50 minutes. Which end of the lake are you going to put in at? Babbitt has two bait shops - one at Blomberg's gas station and the other in the middle of town called Just Bite Me. You'll have to go a mile out of your way to Ely to get bait at either of those.

icemac, if you're coming from Biwabik to Birch Lake there's no need to detour to Ely at all. As Ken said, two bait stores in Babbitt. They're close together. Also as Ken said, there's the first one at Blomberg's C-store right on the main drag where all the businesses are clustered, and the second is about a city block further down right next to the Short Stop C-store (that's the one called Just Bite Me Bait). Bait's good at both places, but you'll get much better info on where they're biting if Theresa's working at Just Bite Me. A lot of bait store folks can tell you where the anglers say the fish are biting, but Theresa is a big angler, and she outfishes most of the others, so her info is first-hand.

And she's more than willing (unlike most of us anglers)to actually tell you where the fish are biting. Two accesses to Birch Lake near Babbitt. One down the Country Club road just as you are coming into town (take a left) and one at the Babbitt Beach down past Babbitt about 2 miles.

Thanks for some good info again guys. I can't wait to get going. Hopefully we can dodge some raindrops. Thanks again.