Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp-fisher

The greatest catch of my life...(and it ain't a carp)

21 posts in this topic

A 7 pound 14 ouncer:

Rachel1.jpg

morefish046.jpg

morefish049.jpg

Rachel Fu Newton, born on October 6th.

Congrats man!!

Thanks Hanson! I can't wait to take her fishing in a couple of years!

I second the congrates!

May things go well for you and your family!

Good luck!

Thanks...I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm in for...

Quote:

Thanks...I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm in for...

Lots of fun and a few poopie diapers. grin.gif

Congrats

She looks like a keeper!! Hope mom and baby are doing well!

You're in for lots of fun if your daughter is anything like my two. They love to fish just like daddy and your's shouldn't be any different. COngrats.

Congrats. My daughter is two. You are in for some fun but also sleepless nights. Hahahaha.

Congrats, I have number three (first girl smile.gif)on the way this december...........Just remember to teach her how to fish/hunt/enjoy the outdoors, your future son in law will thank you

Yeah I'm already trying to figure out what her first fish should be...probably a bluegill....

My little guy is 4 1/2 months old and it's been great! There will be times that won't be the most fun but they are FAR out weighed by the rest of the time. Sleep is over rated btw. My advice is to enjoy every second you can. It's true that they grow up fast. Even in 4 months my boy has changed a lot.

Congratulations!

What a cute kid, Ben! Congrats!

Congrats buddy! Best of luck!

...and I was afraid to hold my first... grin.gif

I remember that getting to go fishing for a few hours was like a distant memory and I wondered if I still remember how to cast...wait it still is...baby is only 7 months...just last nite holding the kid and gave the kid a rod and reel to humor myself...

Get some sleep whenever you can... grin.gif

Super Congratulations! 7lbs 14oz is a big catch!

Nothing more fun like adding another fisherman to the family...

Wow what a keeper! no catch-n release now! wink.gif

My little boy is 15 months old and his favorite toy to carry around the house is a 'glass ice noodle with a small spinning reel on it. He brought it to the portable mod get together and hasn't stopped playing with it. He has figured out how to reel the line up already, now I can't wait till he has a fish on the end of the line.

Enjoy all the moments, even the bad ones cause they make memories for a lifetime.

Congrats!!!

Congrats Ben and Carrie!! God is good. Just make sure her first fish isn't a carp!

Quote:

Congrats Ben and Carrie!! God is good. Just make sure her first fish isn't a carp!

Yeah that would be scary. My first big fish was a carp caught on a piece of corn in the Des Moines river. Now look at my screen name. I might take her out in a couple of years for some spring crappies...

Congrats man! My girls are 5 & 6, & some of my favorite pictures already are of them proudly holding up a crappie or bluegill for the camera. And to watch my five-year old hold out her arms to describe the bass she caught, it must have been a state record... grin.gif