Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rivernut

Coon rapids dam report

10 posts in this topic

Fished for the first time above the dam. Launched the boat around 8 and fished til 1. Good time, catching smallies, walleyes, and a good bunch of decent sized crappies. Jig/fathead combo was the ticket. Got no response to redtails, which are like candy anywhere else on the river that I have fished. Beautiful weather and all in all a great day to be out.

Any size to the walleyes? Great report, fall fishing on the river is where it is at!

The 'eye's were samall 9-11". The crappies were very nice sized as were some of the smallies. I was in a different section of the river yesterday, and the cats and smallies cooperated very nicely. You are right, the river is where it is at from now until iceup. Good fishing.

glad to hear good fishing. Plan to make at least one more trip up there before ice up. I have been having good fishing lower down in the river too.

I did notice they had a sign up that the CR launch was going to close on the 15th which was Monday.

Yeah, my buddy fished there sometime last week... He did excellent with the walleyes and smallmouths as well.. Biggest walleye he caught was a 26 inch...

ALl were caught and released.

What is the best way to fish rivers? trolling? Snagging rocks much of a problem?

This is my first post on the site.. Great site!

I've been fishing a spot at the CR dam the last couple of days and the walleyes have been biting. Took me a couple hours to find the set up, but finally started hitting them. Fat heads on a floating rig and shad Rap casting. Another gentleman came down to the spot and had 2 on within 10 minutes. I left after that. I will be going back this week a couple times.

Welcome to the site, I am in the middle of winterizing my boat. Today and Tues. off , might be there myself. Good to have you on board. Take care, and looking forward to future post's.

Headed back down to my spot tonight. COLD!!! Noone fishing on the (Contact Us Please) tonight, usually 5-10 people. I was out for about an hour and the bite was on tonight!! Using the fathead/floating rig mix, had many many bites, only able to get 1-15" eye' in though. Probably make it down tomorrow again. Wisconsin fishing this weekend @ yellow lake.