Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

Beautiful day on the water 10/13

6 posts in this topic

What a great day to have been on the water and the fish bitting are a plus, first time in awhile I've boated over 15+ walleyes all but two were shorties, kept a 17, 16 caught quite a few stripes and a couple smallies. Seemed fish were bitting just about every place I tried, talked to a fellow by the prescott bridge area and he said the bite has been decent the last couple days, jig and fatties seem to do the trick, most of the fish he and his partner have been getting have came on 3/8 white jigs the ones I caught came on 3/8 gold ones, good luck out there!

What a great day to be on the water, took my son out didn't get to the river till 8:30 and left by 12 but the fishing was great caught all decent eyes today 9 went in the box, golden shiners were the key on lindy rigs 20-30 fow, missed a couple on jigs, my son was putting a hurtin on them riggen so I to made the switch to riggen and it really paid off.

Sounds like you had a good day.I took to the water this morning as well and spent the first 3hrs searching for crappie.Found some nice slabs here and there,usually not far from docks 14 to 16fow seem to be the depth they were hanging in.After that I started to troll the upstream side of east west running sand bars.After 8 passes with 8 hookups on nice eyes and saugers 16 to 20inches decided it to hang it up for the day.The fish were just stacked up on and just off the top of the bar,17 to 21fow were the depths,running bright colored shad raps.I had jigged this same spot earlier with no success,but a few hours later PAYDIRT laugh.gif.Im off to Canada friday night for 5 days of Hog hunting,good luck to you guys next weekend,the bite will just get better.........

Was out on Friday and Saturday evening.

Got out there by 7pm. Walleye bite got hot about 8:15pm to 8:45pm on Friday, then some other fishing party showed up with a bright propane light and everything got really quite, but I did mange to catch my one keeper an 18 inch walleye while they were there. Stayed till 11 pm.

Saturday got out there by 5 pm. evening walleye hot bite around 6:15 to 6:45 and did get on 15 inch walleye. Slow bite from there on..Stayed till 11 pm. Park ranger asked me about the other guys sturgeon fishing after they left. He also told be they guys fishing from the boat caught a 45 inch sturgeon. By the way thanks for giving me your bait. I tried for some crappies with the minnows, but not much action after they left. I should've left too, but oh well...I kept thinking maybe I'll get another big walleye...

I was on the St Croix for the first time this year on Saturday, and yes it was a great day to be on the water. Sunny, warm, light winds and the fish were biting! Picked up a scoop of fatheads at a new bait shop in Newport, headed to the Bluffs to launch, and by 0830 we were at Prescott dropping a jig with a lively fathead on it. We hung around there until about noon and put 6 in the box. Headed north, checked a couple spots and finished up at the Kinni narrows. We only added 1 more fish to the box; a nice fat, 17 inch walleye. Headed for the Bluffs about 3:30, it was truly a wonderful day to be outdoors enjoying a beautiful Fall day and fish to take home were a bonus!

I was out yesterday evening Bayport area and caught a couple Sturgeons unexpectantly! One was 14" the other was 28". I did manage to slip bob a few slabs then the light drizzle made it pretty cold. The only bait we used was fatheads.