Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

Nite bite?

6 posts in this topic

Was thinking on getting out to either Beebe or Buffalo tomorrow afternoon and into the eve for walleyes. Never fished 'em before, but notice low water clarity. Is there a night bite on those lakes?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know. Lets us know how you do if you fish at night. My suggestion would be to go shallow (on buffalo troll either the 10 or 7 foot flats). That is what I'd start out with.

Did you end up going out? How did you do?d

Went to Beebe, and I found structure (rock humps), marked a ton of fish, tried a few presentations, but none to be had. I also trolled a #14 Husky Jerk along the shoreline at night. I hate getting skunked, but you still learn something new every time you go out. Think I'll try Buffalo saturday afternoon/evening. Probably would have went out there last night if I had an extra hour or to to get acclimated to the surroundings.

This winter, I would like to practice sleeping in my clam sleeper with my 10 yr old boy, then go up north near Ely. Are there any lakes in the Buffalo area that have a good night bite for ice fishing? It would be nice to hope for some action while testing my gear.

I'm sure there is a nite bight on some lakes. I've picked up a few during my day spots but I think you need to be shallow to get them.