Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyBug85

your best bite this summer

5 posts in this topic

I had my best bite (walleyes) on potato from the first week in August up till i had to go back to school at the end of august. Had best results on a 1/16th oz jig and crawler.

I've had most success with northerns the last two weeks in the mornings casting mepps 5's at weed lines and on top of flats. And in the evenings I've got several 30-35 inch pikes drifting lindy rigs with lite northern minnows on drop offs.

Jonah-

When you were fishing with the jig and crawler and felt a bite, do you give the fish slack (like when lindy rigging) or do you set the hook right away?

Thanks!

feed them just like fisihing a leech on a rig. i just drop the rod back and when i feel weight i set the hook.

Well I thought I had one on pretty good, but later found out the lines were bulls***. wink.gif

However, I did have an awesome time with some work buddies of mine, taking the smallies in one at a time! Gotta love it and can't wait for next summer!