Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fiskyknut

Dutchman....

8 posts in this topic

Howdy, dropped by your place after yesterday evenings fishing to have a barley pop and visit a bit with Northlander. Dropped him some minnows and while fishin out dead ones a 20 pound charcoal grey Kitty Couger wandered up and did some minnow chowing. I boated a Walrus last nite up your way, 30.5 inch no pinch Widebody, and when I grabbed my digital out of the truck to show the pics I left the door ajar.....When we went to leave I noticed we had a "stowaway" all curled up on my buddies fuzzy hooded parka in the back of the Durango! The guy was quite cozy and did'nt wanna leave. My wife would've loved him but I figured I had better leave him with you!

Curious, did you buy the place on the NW side of Little Oak?

fiskyknut

A big THANKS to Doug and Marylin for a great stay. As usual the service was top notch! I hope to be up there come spring. Who knows if the wind blows right I may be back up in a week or two. Randy has the Rainy River itch already. cool.gif

Fisky it was nice seeing you and thanks for the 411.

Got a sleeper ice house for me to use come ice time?

I can not believe you stood out there for the better part of 2 hours and didn't even say hey! I just about came out to get your rig out of the middle of the parking lot but had been cold & wet for 3 days on the island and could not pry myself from the Lazy Boy and wood stove.

That cat, Hal, thinks he owns the place and any piece of equipment setting still here. He is on full feed with a strong supplement of minnows and cheeks. Tough life!

One of our customers recognized him on the shore at Frontier and brought him home, I had to go out to Adrians and pick him up once, and he road in my boat to Birchdale. He was not happy about staying in the Bronco all day. He has been gone for days at a time but must like it here cause he keeps coming back.

Heard you popped a pig! Should be hearing that more each day now. Maybe my turn this afternoon?

Our island is about 20 miles east of Little Oak or 10 miles NW of Morson. Tucked under the SW corner of Miles island.

Lots of work to do out there but is way cool! Having trouble staying on task being surrounded by all that up there. Constantly find myself just gazing out at it. Was sizing up a project on a deck the other evening and a 4' muskie came up about 20 feet away. Makes it hard to concentrate.

Will have to get you up there some time but don't even think about pulling in here again without saying hey!

Hey doug, whats the flow like? heard they opened the damm at I.F. if so have they closed it.Heard jigs being used up 1 oz. Hows the squash? Later boar

I see the River continues to rise. How is the clarity of the river holding up? Any concerns about it getting too Muddy for the fishing this weekend? Or has the runoff been flushing through rather cleanly?

Clemenson resort's post yesterday stated that things were "clearing". Sounds promising.... hope to be that direction Sun PM thru Mon. Plan to start at Birchdale and work to Morris Point (w/ stops in between)

Well for sure next time I will pop in. Steve told me you'd been up at your island working and figured you were sleeping and I did'nt see any lites on or I woulda knocked.

That Hal likes to travel a bit eh....LOL!!!

Island place you have sounds like heaven on earth man!

Hi Doug I finally got signed in on this site.... I caught a couple of 15" on Wed night down river about 4 miles from my house. I had countless little ones. Can't wait for the rain to stop so the current slows a little. I was in 11-12' in slow current, anchored, using a bare hook with a red bead and a white glow bead with a gold hook.... Frozen shiner of course... Sound familiar? lol Talk to ya later, I dropped off some firewood for ya.