Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Bassboy1645

Tresspass or harrass?

Bassboy1645    0
Bassboy1645

Back home I have a tree 10 yards from a fencline on stateland. For obvious reasons fencelines are dynamite at times and this stand is no exception. The issue in question is the angry landowner who claims its a tresspass simply becasue the stand faces his land and a long bow shot could be made over his fence. The stand faces the property becasue its the best position for a righthanded shooter and it allows us to remain hidden the best. We dont fling arrows over the border. In a weeks time he has come out twice and on both occassions he cussed, swore, yelled, hooted, and hollered up and down about getting the **** off his land. Each time he left with threats, more swearing, laying on the horn and doing cookies in the field nearby ( 50yards). Now if my interpretation of the law is correct, there is no distance a guy has to be from private land as long as he dosent step there. And the noise, threats, visit, from the landowner constitutes as hunter harrassment...Am I right?? What to do in this situation?? I could see this situtation leading to the landowner cutting down the stand if left there and some very hard feelings between landowners, sportsmen, and DNR in general..

lawdog    0
lawdog

Report him to the local CO/Sheriff and aske them to make him stop.

deadminnowcatcher    0
deadminnowcatcher

Report this to the local game warden. Then get a small tape recorder or bring your video camera along. when u c the jerk start taping and give the evidence to the game warden. Very clearly this is hunter harrassment and the guy should be arrested

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

Had the same thing happen bear hunting. I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the position the CO's take on hunter harrassment. Explain what is going on and I bet you, he will come out to the stand with you so when Mr. Landowner starts in, the CO will take over from there. I think that ought to solve the problems...

Good Luck!

Ken

Shack    16
Shack

Bring Digi video recorder and get video and audio of him threating you and go to police!

Minus that, I would switch hunting area's. No deer is worth having harm done onto you or another!

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

I assume you live in Cleveland... here is your COs contact #

St. Peter - Chris Howe 507-385-1686 LeSueur/Nicollet

Good Luck!

Ken

Bassboy1645    0
Bassboy1645

Thats what I thought. THanks for the help guys...Oh the incident happend to my youger bro. Im trying to direct him to some good spots to shoot his first deer but I guess some ppl in this world are jerks. Idk what has happend yet, but I know what im gonna do if it happens to me..Last time my bro just ignored him and the funny thing is the guy was threating to call the co on him...

deadminnowcatcher    0
deadminnowcatcher

dont try to take care of it youself if that is what you are thinking-let him get into legal trouble- not u

hookset    0
hookset

Not sure if the"500" foot rule applies for bow hunting. But, if you are within 500 feet from an occupied building with a firearm, then, he has a point. Although, he acted like a (Contact Us Please) making his point.

joe

Royce Aardahl    0
Royce Aardahl

Even if the tree is on your side of the fence hanging over his side you are fine if you aren't shooting on his side. Game warden time for sure. Don't mess with the guy on your own. Too many nuts out there!

P.S. Can you leave a stand on state land? You may want to check that out.

Bassboy1645    0
Bassboy1645

I wasnt implying that I was going to deal with the issue myself. I was saying that I would handle the situation differently. rather than ignore the guy I would be nice and Get his liscense plate numbers and description if the harrasment happened to me. The incident happened on a WMA and as far as I know your not supposed to leave stands up. PPl do, but in this case it was a hang on stand that we just move around as we see fit, but we always remove it after the hunt overnight ( more so in fear that it would get stolen).

Bassboy1645    0
Bassboy1645

oh yeah thats what I was gonna mention too....The nearest farm structure or live stock is half mile away or more..