Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katman

Any fresh guys left?

7 posts in this topic

Are there still any salmons in the rivers? I finally have time again to come out after weeks! But I'm hoping there are still a few decently fresh kings this late in the season. Actually...I'll take any salmon at the moment! I just want to catch a few and snap some pictures. Anyone have any river reports? I'll probably head up the north shore. Thanks!

most of the salmon are done in the rivers, but there are still a few beat up ones around from what i hear and still a few kings trickling in. if you want trout and salmon your best bet might be from shore near a river mouth, loopers and steelhead should be showing up. Rivers look great, but I personally haven't had much success on the north shore streams as of late.

If you don't mind, what are the primary techniques for loopers and steelhead?

It was a nice saturday to be on the water. We got there around 7am. Nice calm day! A bit chilly but it warmed up nicely. There were only a few fishes here and there. We picked up a few deteriorating pinks and 2 dark steelies. We did see a nice dark king but he wasn't interested in anything we offered. Takes a bit of walking to find fish! He was in about 3 pools up from the mouth. All fishes were released to fight another day! All in all it was a nice warm day! We left about 3pm. Made it up only to Beaver Bay. Boy are those fall colors out! If you guys haven't....go take a drive up! You'll love the warm colors! Good luck guys!

I've fished steelies quite a bit in OH on the Chagrin and Rocky rivers. Most of the guys use a small jig tipped with maggots on a small float. Float it down through the 'seems' in the rivers.

Never fished the north shore, is that the preferred technique there as well.

3ball, use the search feature, there is a limitless supply of info for steelies and loopers, there are so many ways to fish them depending whether from a boat, shore, or in the streams, that looking up past posts is your best option.

From the title of this thread I thought it was a personal ad. Woman seeks any fresh guy grin.gif