Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DougSpringBay

So Long and Farewell

13 posts in this topic

Hey all FM'ers,

It is time to say "So long and Farewell" to Lake Vermilion. We have sold our resort and will be makeing a move to Norfork Lake in Arkansas, where we will continue to own and operate a resort there.

I wanted to thank FM as well as all FM'ers that have been guests and friends here at our resort. I have also enjoyed getting to know many of you, and developing friendships both on the water and on line.

The Big V will always be a very special place to me and my family, but it is time for us to return "HOME".

So again-- Thank You --- and So long and farewell!!!

God Bless,

Doug

Best of Luck In Arkansas Doug.

I'll bet hey still have computers there, let us know how the fishing is.

Hmmm, Expand HSO/FM with a new Arkansas Forum?

good luck! but stay in touch!!del

Thanks for the time and advice you have given to FM...Please do check back in from time to time and catch up!

What's in Arkansas? Year around open water Walleye fishing, the world record Walleye and Brown Trout, Cheap housing, low cost of living, 2 amendment friendly, winter low temps in the 30s, less than a days drive to the Gulf. I'll see you in 12 years from December. Good luck.

Doug,

We usually stay at Vermilion every summer and Norfork every spring. What resort did you buy?

I have been waiting for FM to expand to an Arkansas forum for quite a while. I have some friends and family down there and go down at least once per year to fish and hunt and visit. Good water and woods down there.

Good luck Doug. If you have 15" Crappies or 33" walleyes down there give me a holler. grin.gif

Oh boy, they have 15" crappies down there. That is one of the best things about the south...big crappies and big gills.

Hey All,

I would be happy to moderate an Arkansas forum. The Ozarks is a great sportsmans area, and yes there are 15" crappie, and the world record walleye came from Greers Ferry lake which is just south of us on Norfork.

I would be happy to host any FM'ers who would like to escape the snow and winter for some great March fishing. I don't believe that it is in protocol with the forum rules for me to list the name of the resort which we have purchased and where I will be guiding from.

Send me an e-mail if you would like further information.

Will certainly miss the muskie fishing up here. But Oh'man can a stiper on top water be a pretty awesome sight to see.

Thank you for all the kind remarks--- FM'ers are great guests to have and great people to chat with and pass the non-fishing time.

Doug

Hey Doug,

it's been a pleasure having you in the Vermilion forum. Get a hold of me once you get to Arkansas. We might just take you up on your offer and get an HSO Forum going.

I've been to Norfork Lake. The high cliffs make that lake special and I have never seen such a deep shade of blue/emerald green water in any other lake I didn't get to fish it, but I the water skiing was great.

Great news Doug! They are getting internet in Arkanas by the end of the year! You will still be able to log on now and again and let us know how the hunting and fishing is out there. N Joy the new home././Jimbo