Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DougSpringBay

So Long and Farewell

13 posts in this topic

Hey all FM'ers,

It is time to say "So long and Farewell" to Lake Vermilion. We have sold our resort and will be makeing a move to Norfork Lake in Arkansas, where we will continue to own and operate a resort there.

I wanted to thank FM as well as all FM'ers that have been guests and friends here at our resort. I have also enjoyed getting to know many of you, and developing friendships both on the water and on line.

The Big V will always be a very special place to me and my family, but it is time for us to return "HOME".

So again-- Thank You --- and So long and farewell!!!

God Bless,

Doug

Doug,

Very sorry to see you leave FM and the Vermilion Forum! frown.gif

Your advice and fishing tips for the West End will be missed by many!

Be sure to keep in touch thru FM and let us all know how things are going at your new resort.

Good Luck!

Cliff

Doug, sad to hear, but good luck in your endeavors.

We couldn't make the trip this fall because I had surgery on my elbow about a month ago, so fishing has been on hold since then.

It was nice to meet you and your family. Hopefully your son will be able to catch crappies off the dock there.

Please say it aint so Doug frown.gif There is a framed picture you had taken of me and Matt with that big Northern (that hangs on my office wall) just to the right of my monitor that I've been staring at (in deep thought)for the past 10 minutes. I'm sad to hear this. I know we havent been to your resort (we liked to try different vacation locations) in quite some time and now I wish we had visited more often. I guess I thought the option to stay with you and your family again at Spring Bay would always be there. Although I realize now how true it really is that nothing in life stays the same forever- that picture, that day and the memories of the fun we had at your place will stay with us forever.

Thank you, good luck and God Bless you and yours.

John

Doug...Sorry to see you go. Good Luck with the resort down south. I know who I will be looking up if I ever need a place to go fishing down in Arkansas! Thanks for all your input. You'll be missed!!!

Adam from Shamrock

Good Luck Doug your advice will be missed...Best of luck in Arkansas....

Doug, Im heading down to Arkansas in a couple of weeks for 10 days or so. Whats the name of your place down there?

Thank you all for the kind remarks. We truly will miss Vermilion and the folks we have met here.

I don't think I can list the name of the resort which be will be at, and that I will be guiding from.

Send me an e-mail if you would like further information.

Weather looks to hold for another week. Great fall fishing!!!

Just one question--- Where is all the spring run-off and rain going to go???? The lake is the highest it has been this year!!!!! Oh My!!!!

Doug

Doug,

Good luck in Arkansas.

What's an e-mail address we can contact you at?

I'm in Missouri and have fished Norfolk a couple of times, and am always looking for a place close to home.

If you don't want to post the address, e-mail me my address is in my signature.

Good Luck Doug. You and your family were one of the big reasons we came up to Vermilion two times a year. You will be greatly missed.

BTW, I did some research and you are very close to a pair of rivers with brown trout in them. Says that 2 out of 3 of the largest brown trout in the world were caught there. We'll have to go chase some of those when I'm down there. smile.gif

Wally

I am Glad to be the very last guest and my dad as well,I am very sad to see your family go,but of course its whats best for your family.As you know i will follow where you go now,You are a class act,taught me alot during my visits to verm.God Bless tell your family i said hello.:-)Email me when all things are done.Take care and good luck!!!!!

Has anyone heard from Doug about which resort they bought on Lake Norfork?

Fox - you have mail...