Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ec30_06

Cats are still biteing & walleyes might be starting

8 posts in this topic

Dave (Peder) managed this nice 29" channel on wed. We also had a walleye and a few sheepies. Lots of other bites, but the hook wasn't connecting for us very well. All fish came in less than 15' away from the really heavy current. A few spots were full of fish shaking weeds and willow trees around. We assumed that they were carp.

Oct10_0002.jpg

Nice Kitty! Good to see someone is still after them. grin.gif

I'll be out on the MN after work tonight somewhere. We did pretty well last weekend, but temps have dropped quite a bit. Should be interesting.

Fished the MN on thursday in the cities. Water high and fast. lots of crap in the water. Ended up fishing the Mississippi. Fishing for channels had been ok up till the water went nuts.

We ended up catching some channels tonight, they topped out at about 6 pounds and a bunch of smaller ones. The smallest one was about 7". I didn't even realize it was on as I was reeling in. tongue.gif

Green carp time for me boys. Will be out today to see if the bite has started. From now till ice up, I'll be looking for that 30" and getting some eaters in the process wink.gif

The water's pretty polluted and I'm already contaminated so it might be best for others to stick to the clean lakes tongue.gif

Quote:

I'm already contaminated

Hard to hold it against you...... since the rest of us are in the same boat as you mate. grin.gif

Good luck, sounds like your not going to be the only ones out chasing Carp.

The wally bite is starting to get hot on the MN right now!