Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskieswen

looking for wood to cut

3 posts in this topic

I am heading up to the cabin next weekend to hopefully cut a few logs for next years camp fires. My father of 73 years old and his friend of the same age are meeting me there also. My question is does anyone know of anybody that has some woods in the area that they would permit me to go into and take out any blowdown trees? This ought to be quite a hoot with the two old guys. One is Army and one is Marine. I can't wait for the bull #&%* to fly.

Which end of the lake will you be on? We are on the west end and have a stack of Aspens that we cut down while building the house that are still sitting stacked up just off the drive way in the woods. Would be nice to get rid of them. We've had others take some out for firewood already but still a bunch left. I haven't checked the logs anytime recently, so not sure if they're starting to rot (about 3 years old) but would check if you are interested. Also, what day would you be wanting to do this?

Johnny,

I am on Breezy point and yes if you do not mind checking to see if they are rotted out that would be great. It looks like the 20th of this month we will be searching for fire wood.