• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis and Island Shorefishing Oppurtunities

Will be up in duluth this weekend and would like to sneak out for a few hours of shorefishing. Where are some good places I could go to at the st. louis or island lake? Would it be worth it this time of year?

St Louis has many spots to fish from. I would recomend Boyscout Landing at this time of year. Or above the 23 bridge and take the trail off the board walk. Pack light if ya hit that one.

Island Lake I would fish the bridge area or the area to the right of the landing at the MN Power Landing.

Fish Lake Bridge and d a m areas can be ok too.

It looks like there's a landing or parking lot on the west bank of the st. louis just upstream of the 35 bridge...is that accessible to the public? That stretch looks like it'd be really good fishing.

NL - I have a question and you may know the answer. If a person with a MN license is standing on a WI shore fishing the St. Louis River. Do they need a WI license?

I have fished off the arrowhead pier in wi many times with a mn license and been checked numerous times by the dnr...no problems. As far as fishing there now...never fished it this late, so not sure how it would be.