• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey a question or two about this lake? Ihave heard that this is a good northern pike lake. I like to fly fish pike in shallow water in the fall. Was wondering if this is a good lake for pike ? I also heard that this lake had weeded up pretty thick this summer, have the weeds thinned out much yet this fall? Apprieciate any info thanx much Forrest

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You heard right, there's a ton of Pike In Rice Lake. About the only spot to fish from shore is around the damm. Yes it weeds up in the summer but it should be OK for what your doing now.

It's a ways away yet, but it's also good in the winter. I haven't hooked any big ones yet though.

I've been known to chase after a Pike or two on Rice lake. The last time I was up there about 3 weeks ago the water level was a little low. The weeds did seem to be thinning out.

There really isn't much fish-able shoreline with access by foot other then the dam as mentioned earlier.

Thanx for the info. Will not be shore fishing but will have a boat or a canoe. Was going to try around the island at the boat landing was wondering if this is a good spot? It is such a big lake and sort of featureless on the map that it is hard to tell where to start. Thanx arain Forrest

Forrest,

I have some ideas that I can show you on a map. I'm guessing you are in the Duluth area. I'll try and keep an eye on the forum the next few days while I'm off work and maybe we'll be able to meet-up and go over some info.

Tom, Thank you for the offer. I will be working at 1318 Tower Ave. in Superior Saturday afternoon from 3 in the afternoon untill 8 in the evening. It is a public place so if you have time we could get together. From 3 to 4 I have a card game so that time is spoken for. Thanx again Forrest

Forrest,

Sorry I missed your post. We'll have to try again. I'm not sure what my plans are for today or tomorrow at this point.