Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuleShack

Public access for Gull Lake?

11 posts in this topic

I'm planning on heading up Saturday morning and have never been to Gull before. can someone provide some info on some public accesses? Chances are that the wife wont be going as it will be cold in the AM, so i'll be launching solo.

I read that there is one off of 371? is this a large access? any others to use as a back up?

Thanks.

Steve

Three main ones on the lake. Government Point on the south end. The one right off of 371 off of Hole-In-The-Day Bay. And then on the north end in the channel between Gull and Upper Gull. All should have plenty of parking this time of year. The one on the north end would be the best if the wind is really blowing. Although it looks like a SE wind on Saturday (as of right now) so none of them should be an issue.

Aaron

If you use the one on 371, watch you prop. Its kinda shallow at the end of the doc.

Duck

Be careful for the rock pile as well - all but one of the bouys are out.

I haven't checked, but assuming that these bouy locations should be marked on the lakemaster chip?

Thanks for the other access information.

I like the 371 acess, but if you are facing the dock from the lot, try to use the ramp on the right side, it's a little deeper and easier to unload the boat.

Quote:

All should have plenty of parking this time of year.

The 371 access was real full last Saturday when we drove by around 2:00, and there was at rough count 25 boats visible off the point from the Bay.

The access on the north end in the channel is pretty good with plenty of parking. It a good access when its windy, plus fishing is fairly good on the north and you dont have to go far across the lake. Take cty rd. 77 west from 371 by the Holiday gas station. Its only a few miles down the road

Anyone know when the docks are going to be pulled at the ramps?

MuleShack, Yep. All the bouys are on the lake master chip. Shouldnt have any problems there. Only two places you will have to realy worry about and those are the rock reef in wilson bay and the main rock reef in the main lake. Rest of the lake is smooth sailing. Good Luck

Duck

Thanks Duck!