Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Strangest Thing

15 posts in this topic

Was going out tonight and turned on the power switch to my Lund Mr. Pike, no problem, light came on. As soon as I turned on the Nav lights they didn't work and the power switch light went out. I now have no power coming out of the power panel. Everything that is wired direct to the battery works just fine, fish locator, GPS, motor starts just fine...etc..

What could be the cause, short in the switch panel somewhere???

Have you checked all your fuses, including any possible in-line fuse that may be there???

Poor connection at the battery? I run into a similar problem on vehicles with corroded battery terminals. Turn the key on and everything works. Try to crank it and everything goes dead. Sometimes if you wait for a couple of minutes everything powers up again. A basic test light would be handy to start checking where the power is and where it is missing.

Just a thought.

I would have to say that you have a short in the wiring for your navigation lights and when you turned them on you blew a fuse between the battery and your master power switch. Get yourself a test light and start poking around. (pun intended!)

Paul, check the + battery terminal, there should be a small rectangular box approx 1" x 1/2" x 1/2" with a small red button. That's main battery breaker.

Otherwise call Kevin..... grin.gif

Second on the Battery term's! I am almost giving up on lead style and going to try copper! But in the end, on a boat they all get corroded. It may not be the post it self, but one of the power feeds going into post clamp down area. I had a bunch of stuff stop working on my boat and a couple of things still working. Took apart the couple of power feeds going into back side of terminal and found some were connecting and other were not (corrosion)! Cleaned them all, cleaned posts and all was working well.

On a side note, a buddy here at work had the same concern on his Lund and it turned out to be a failed cell in battery. Under load it would shut down.

But as Valve said, it sounds like a breaker! I thought pump on my tilt and trim blew a couple weeks ago, only to find out it was the little box right up from positive battery term with the breaker switch, pushed in black little switch and wall la! My major issue went away like that! Now why it blew is another story! We will find out down the road!

Thank god that didn't happen when I was in the boat last weekend.. you would have blamed it on me! grin.gif

Quote:

Paul, check the + battery terminal

Valv's right here, but it might not be a breaker, depending on the year. It could be a tube looking deal inline with the battery cable within the first foot of battery cable with a spare stored in the tube right above the inline one.

marine_man

Maybe you have to trip the breaker in Cabin #5.

grin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks DTRO- I got a giggle out of that!

Now that's funny right there. Good one DTRO.

Was somebody using to many hair dryers and curling irons last weekend? grin.gif

What happens at Appledoorns------- Stays at Appledoorns..LOL

Ok, that was funny!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Ok, that was funny!!!!!!!!

Agreed. That was hilarious Dtro!

Had to be there. wink.gif