Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P_Norts

Newbie-who loves Rainy

4 posts in this topic

I have been reading this forum for months, but have not been able to post. I think I am getting it figured out.

I've been dying to tell you all how beautiful your lake is and how much my family and I enjoy visiting. We have been coming to Rainy for 6 years now, we visit in August. We have lost two lower units to Rainy Rocks and still return. The Lowrance GPS really has helped there. We have fished with Woody and enjoyed our very afordable stays at Birch Point Camp. We have made a tradition of celebrating our last night in town with pizza and fun and pre season Packers on tv at Giovannis. We have fished the river and enjoyed watching the locals work the Sturgeon. My daughter loves the wild rice soup at Granny's and every morning we hit the One Stop for bait and the daily fishing report. In 6 years we have used the Falls Hospital twice for hook removal and an eye problem and everyone is so nice. I can't think of a more beautiful place on earth. (Some might say I live a very sheltered life). I for one am jealous of the beauty, the peace and the fishing you people experience every day. My husband is in the mortage bussiness and every year I say to him "maybe the Wells Fargo branch in town is hiring". I love the cold weather,too. I would love to experience Rainy on a snowmobile.

So for now I visit this forum daily smile.gif and dream of being in GOD'S country with all of you.Thanks to all of you locals who post regularly to keep me in touch.

God Bless.

Welcome to the Rainy Lake Forum! Yep life in the Northwoods with Rainy lake in the front yard is tough! I'm a guide, and my fiancee is the GM of Woody's. Last year I watched Timberwolves on a couple seperate occassions crossing the hardwater. This is an area for the true outdoor people otherwise the winters will get to you. We love the hardwater season, and enjoy spending the weekend in the sleeper out on the lake catching walleyes. I guess you'll have to come up and spend some time out on the ice! You'll be hooked Literally.

Welcome once again!

RD

HI P. NORTS,

HAPPY YOU FIGURED IT OUT, AND FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT YOU WOULD FIT RIGHT IN, WE LOVE LIVING HERE. WERE A VERY LAID BACK, CALM SPIRITED TYPE PEOPLE. WE DO NOT LIVE IN THE BIG CITY BECAUSE WE CHOOSE NOT TO. PEOPLE WHO FREQUENT THIS SITE OFTEN SUCH AS SCOTT, CHRIS, DOUG, ERIC, DARRELL, WES, DAVE AND NUMEROUS OTHERS LIVE HERE BECAUSE WE KNOW THE UNLIMITED RESOURCES WE HAVE. TONIGHT I WAS OUT WITH DOUG...WE LIMITED OUT 0N 16" WALLEYES IN LESS THEN 30 MINUTES. WHAT IS IRONIC IS THAT THE WELLS FARGO HERE HAS A NEW PRESIDENT THAT JUST MOVED HERE, HIS NAME IS DAVID HEBIG. I HAVE BEEN OUT FISHING WITH HIM TWICE, AND I TELL YOU WHAT, HE WILL DO WELL HERE. HE HAS A EXCELLENT PERSONALITY, SEEMS VERY ORGANIZED, IS MILD MANORED & IS TRYING TO MAKE ALOT OF CONTACTS AND TALKING TO SOME OF HIS STAFF...THEY LOVE HIM.. BEST OF ALL ABOUT DAVID...HE LOVES TO HUNT & FISH., HEY MAYBE HE IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER GREAT EMPLOYEE., BUT ONE THING I CAN ASSURE YOU...YOU WOULD LOVE LIVING HERE!!! MY BROTHER CAME UP HERE FOR 25 YEARS, ONE DAY HE SAID TO ME WHY DO COME UP HERE FOR A WEEKS VACATION, SOMETIMES THE WEATHER IS BAD, WHEN WE COULD JUST LIVE HERE & VACATION SOMEWHERE ELSE. WELL HE MADE HIS DREAM COME TRUE, HE & HIS WIFE TOOK PAYCUTS, BUT I THINK HE WILL TELL YOU, IT WAS WORTH IT. HE GETS TO FISH WHENEVER HE WANTS & HAS HIS DREAM JOB.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

OH, I FORGOT...DID I TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE LIVING HERE???

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER