Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

HUNTERS POINT

11 posts in this topic

Thinking of moving our perm up to Hunters Point. Have tried to reach George or someone the past couple of days and have only gotten an answering machine. Anyone know if they are taking a little vacation before the hard water work starts, and if so when they might return? Not sure if the move will work, the house is on skids not wheels, so we'll need to get it moved. Thanks for any info Bill

if you do need it, I have a name of a guy who moves houses. I had my 10X16 on skids moved from one side of the lake to the other last year with no issues.

Try calling after 3pm. I usually get someone during that time.

Ryan/Irish: thanks guys for the info. I'll try Hunters later this afternoon and if it works out I'll touch base with you Ryan. Bill

Is that Berny Seaman? if that is the case, he's a great guy!

Good prices also!

shack...that's him!!! he is a very nice guy, easy going. I made arrangements with him to move me from Isle to Garrison. we had a timeframe worked out, and I had the spot reserved at the new place. he knew my house and where it was and was going. I called him to see when he wanted to move it, and if I need to pay him right away....turns out he had to move others, so he grabbed mine and did it that day, and I just sent him a check!!! He'll work with you to get your house where it needs to be safely!!

He has moved mine a couple times now!

He claims he has not lost one yet!

I also have had him move house and payed at a later date!

Cool dude! I try to throw in a tip for him and his helper! Just enough for lunch! The guy has stories to tell! cool.gif

thanks for the follow up info guys. I wasn't able to touch base with Hunters today due to my office schedule. I'll try tomorrow and definitley be in touch with this fella if indeed we decide to move farther north. Thanks again. Bill

I am not a 100 percent sure, but I believe that hunters can't take in any more fish houses. The county put all kinds of restrictions on them this summer. The county wanted them to shrink the number of houses. We had to all write letters to the county commisioner to help with the fight. Luckily we won, yet I believe one of the rules hunters agreed to is they can't take in any more fish houses. I guess people of the county were complaining about increased lake traffic.

I thought I read this on their web site also!

If I remember correctly, the neighbors complained. They had done some resent upgrades (I.E. fence, sewer and others). But it was not enough.

Well I know that the ruling is making hunters make a few changes. I don't think that is should affect any one that is a currently has a fish house there. I believe they ruled that hunters can't have more then 300 houses. Which I am pretty sure, that they currently have 300. So I believe that means they can't take on any more.