Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meathunter

water temp

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the water temp in the river dropped with this last rain and cooler weather? My 2 kids and i will be up on the rainy 10/19 thru the 23rd. I have not hit the pigs in the last 4 years. Do i need to plan my trips later in oct. or am i missing something. Always catch plenty of fish under 19.5 though. What is a good water temp for the trophy bite? thanks will post a report when i get back.

I have'nt been out since Thursday, water then was mid to upper fifties depending on time of day and where we were. Should've chilled quite nicely the past couple of days, my thermometer never got above 40 today. I like the water temps down in the mid 40's and under for the big girls, usually the very end of October and thru deer season see's the better big fish fishing on the river vs. early/mid October.

Fishing should be good for you when you are up this way and hopefully that Walrus will show up for you too!

I fish Rainy from Mid October all the way to ice on. Have found it to be good all of the way through. I tend to do more anchor fishing the later it gets. Sometimes I think the only reason I do that is that its easier to hide under the weather cover.

51.5 degrees as of noon today. You will be fine if they dont get a bunch more rain to speed the river up more. It was getting a bit murky in spots too.