Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeking#8

duck hunting

12 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone has been out around the area and how the hunting has been. The few times I have been out it hasn't been real good at all. Have not seen much for numbers. Hopefully this cold snap will bring some down our way.

A group I know got about 30 on the opener near Brooten.

Last Saturday me and another guy got 11 and Sunday we got 10. Most were teal. I was surprised that we got two pintail on Saturday. I never shot one of them before. We also go a couple widgeons.

Ive seen and shot the most ducks in years so far in the Willmar area. 7 of us shot 42 on opener, and some geese! Lots of mallards, woodies, BW & GW teal, and weve also got 2 pintails! After this weather and hard northwest wind, the widgeon, gadwalls, and some early divers wont be far behind!!! Bring it! cool.gif

14 on sat. and 11 on sun. we were done in 45 mins. with mixed bags on both days hunting a private slough in heavy woods just off of lake elizabeth. the warrior is crying for walleyes and the shorthair is crying for roosters. i love this time of year! smile.gif

Sounds like some people are doing real good. Hoping to get out friday and saturday. Hope to see more birds than i have been. Maybe this cold spell will bring some my way. Thanks for all the reports guys.

Coming out this weekend, to the Appleton area hopeing to hunt Marsh Lake anyone been around there or seen much for bird activity there??? Like seeing the positive reports around Willmar though keep it up guys!

hey will be heading to Marsh Lake tomorrow. Haven't heard anything about the ducks in that area. Will let you know tomorrow after the hunt.

Some guys i know from here have been over there both opening weekend and this past weekend. Opener I guess wasn't very good at all, but this past weekend i was told was better. I am not sure about this past weekend being i haven't talked to them myself. Goodluck at marsh. It should start improving over there as the weather has gotten colder.

Sounds great I will be taking off from the cities around noon. Just plan on hunting Sat morn and maybe Sun morning as well depending on how the hunting is. I will let you guys know how I do when I get back on Sunday.

hunting was slow, but there is a few ducks in the area. Hunt all day and you'll get a limit.

Well my friend and I shot 4 birds both Saturday and Sunday. Easily should have had more, our marksmanship was not to impressive first hunt of the year though and haven't really shot since last year. Good time though. Heard a lot of shooting Sat morning but not as much Sun. Might go out again this weekend depending on how much pheasant hunting I decide I want to do.