Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dale Rueber

4 posts in this topic

The Saugers were hitting good by Prescott last night. I was out between 5pm and 7pm Monday night and caught about 20 Saugers and Walleyes. All of the Walleyes were small to very small as was the case for many of the Saugers. Ended up keeping 6 Saugers from 15" to 18". First time I have taken home a limit so this was a very good night for me. The fish were in 25' and hitting on jig/minnow or 3way with plain hook/minnow. I tried running 2 lines but only caught fish on the pole that was actually jigging. I seemed that if you were not actively jigging you were not catching fish. A big thanks to all that have given tips on catching Walleyes, because if it were not for you I would not have tried some of these techniques.

Great to hear the bite is starting to improve! Thanks for the report.

I had a similar experience on Sunday night, lots of dinks, I had 7 all eyes and none over 14. I got a couple on my stinger. I am wondering if anyone has preferences of stingers and how they like to rig them. Just using a jig we where losing all of our bait. So we tried rigging with stingers, DO you like to hook the stinger into the bait? Top or bottom? Hopefully getting back on the water this weekend.

I tried Sunday morning and got several walleyes shy of 15 inches. In a way, no fish fry, but it was fun catching them.