Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wplatehunter

Little Pine

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone been fishing Little Pine? If so what is the water temp and have you been having any luck. I'm not looking for anyone spots just wondering if the fish are active.

Hey hunter....I've been watching this thread and I guess I'm not surprised the locals aren't saying much--they never do. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. smirk.gif Anyway...I'm planning on getting out there as soon as my vehicle is out of the shop. If you want a report or wish to compare notes drop me a line:

i a m . g l a d @ a r v i g . n e t

I hope to hit it pretty hard next week.

Dad and I spent this past Wednesday thru Saturday on Big Pine and fished Little Pine in the evenings for 3-4 hours each night. We were trolling crankbaits in shallow water (usually a killer tactic for us this time of year) and the bite was incredibly slow for us. I think we only caught 5 eyes the entire time on LP, usually pull double digit #'s of fish each night. I didn't see many locals sticking around at night either, so assume it's been slow but I can't say for sure. Oh, and the surface temp ranged from 53-55 degrees.

Thanks for the info. You are right trolling this time of the year can be good, but I also found the walleye bite to be slow. The fish I did pick up were nice. I talked with a guy who stated the lake had already turned over, so that could have some thing t do with it.