Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WALLEYE HUNTER

Night Bobber bite

16 posts in this topic

Is there a bobber bite in late Oct. or is trolling the better option?

Both presentations work well this time of the year. I know people who do well with "corks" during the mid to late Oct bite. Use minnows on a red hook, or on glow jigs.

I know that sometimes the trolling people don't like to see guys anchor.

With both types of presentations, the key is to cover water, and different depths.

Good luck and post your results.

I got to watch as they took one of the launch boats out this weekend at Appledoorns. But I know for a fact, the night before a group from Augsburg were out throwing corks and caught 15 walleye. I would say the cork bite is still good. You probably have a better chance of getting slot fish doing it as well.. but trolling cranks will put the big girls in the boat.

Trolling is typically the preferred method just be cause you can cover more area and find large groups of fish. But even in listening to Tony Roach the other day, he said sometimes if they are getting some hits but no hook-ups, its not a bad idea to set up on a structure and toss some lighted bobbers. The fish may be in shallow, but in somewhat of a neutral mood to cranks wobbling by. A nice fat minnow sitting on a string can do the trick.

I would even try using 4-6" redtails under a bobber for awhile. Just what the big Eyes are looking for. A big chunk of meat just sitting there.

Any luck on finding any more of those hats???

rod- I'll mention it and see if we can have more made.

Quote:

Any luck on finding any more of those hats???

I'll probably be in for another one. grin.gif

Thanks,

If you get more made, I'll take 3.

To get those caps call Fast Track Productions. If you reference Jeremy's order they will likely recall the details regarding the caps.

Here's the number. (763) 493-5740

What are these hats that you are talking about? The nice HSO hats?

Yes,

PowerStroke had on on over the weekend, and others had them as well. I think if I remember, they were given out at the Thorne Bros. get together

Powerstroke,

I had a couple of wings for ya last weekend! But! you crazy guys were fishing when I rolled into Apple Town! grin.gif...

Thanks Borch!!!

Do I need to reference anything else besides Jeremys name??

Hope the water temps are cooling down. Can't wait to get up there again soon!!

Jeremy, Airjer, put the order in for us a month or so ago. I'm not sure who he dealth with but I'm sure they could track that down or setup any other cap you may be interested in. They do very nice work and will also do other custom item to the cap including your username. laugh.gif

Thanks again!!! I'll give them a call tomorrow. I like the idea of the user name on the cap as well. grin.gif

Did you get a chance to see about ordering any more hats?? I don't want to make a mess of things if I try and order myself. Thanks