Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeanoB

lake zumbro/best day ever-----right!

3 posts in this topic

went to zumbro for about 1.5 hrs tonight, no wake still in effect, sandy point launch gate is up, put in at fisherman's inn, forgot to plug the hole, retrailered pulled out drained, only boat on water, trolled up the south shoreline, water didn't seem that high too me, but lots of debris floating around, tried the power grubs - nothing, tried mini mites-nothing, tried beetle spins -nothing, tried small silver daredevle - couple smalltaps, put the spinning gear away got the fly rod out, casting to the rises- 2 blugills, and a i would guess about a 4-5 lb carp that broke the hook (literally fly came back with hook point broke off) after about 5 minutes and 2 long runs, fishfinder starts reading "low power input" trolling motor starts losing power, forgot boat lights, left camera in van, barely got back to launch without using oars, heading home, almost hit 3 does coming out of the ditch & crossing the road right in front of me. i guess some days are better than others. good luck to anyone that gets out. i think it may be time to get the Matthews dusted off and concentrate on arrowing a buck.

Wow, what an excursion. That's when you go home, have 1 or 8 cold ones and be thankful nothing was lost, or ruined and nobody was hurt. Better luck next time Deano

thats pretty much what i did. thank goodness there was at least half a bottle of vodka...